Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I haven't kept track of Mo Diame's time at Hull, but when he was at Wigan I wanted us to sign him. If his release clause is only £4.5million then I think he's worth pursuing, but I thought he had all but signed for Newcastle?

If we can get Diame I would be delighted.  I was pretty miffed when I saw Newcastle going for him and still would be if they get him.  But if we can hijack it that would be fan-fugu-tastic.

• Like 1

much like i said with west hams 11th hour apparent interest in gana bullshit like this is just an agent leaking something to the press in order to give himself more power in the contract negotiation

that story of us being interested probably just added a bit more money to the appearance fee in his newcastle contract 

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Diame would chime with what Alan Nixon said about us finding a Gana replacement but needing to hurry.

Not really a Gana replacement at all, very different players. Diame will give us more attacking threat, far more box to box and doesn't hit row Z with every shot.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

No

Try working on your adding up then.

Bacuna + Hutton = 2 RB's, not 1.

Grealish, Bacuna, Adama, Tishbola, and 2 incoming = 6 midfielders, not 3

Better still, try posting your own opinions instead of hovering around discecting other peoples in a childish, pedantic attempt to make yourself look oh so clever.

Can't see Diame happening, he's already having his medical at Newcastle according to Sky...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10519909/mohamed-diame-undergoes-medical-at-newcastle

Hull's Mohamed Diame is undergoing the second part of his medical at Newcastle after failing to agree a new deal with the Tigers. 

Diame is poised to drop down a division to the Championship after Newcastle agreed to meet the £4.5m release clause in the Senegalese midfielder's contract.

Edited by Supervillan78

Diame would be an awesome steal although it feels a little far fetched right now

we can but hope

So need a new right back as neither Bacuna or Hutton fill me with any joy

Edited by Garvey13

I've always been a huge fan of Diame.

ive ranted on here every time he's gone to an inferior club wondering why we haven't signed him.

Hes an absolute beast that would give us a real physical presence in the CM area and as well as the ability to get box to box.

i very much doubt he will turn down Newcastle at such an advanced stage.

However if we have called his agent and thrown a shitload of money his way then you never know. 

In McCormack and Diane we would have the best cf and cm in the league imo.

so on that basis it ain't happening!

27 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I can't remember who, but I'm sure there was someone on here who absolutely hates McGeady and they're raging everytime we get linked.

I've nothing against the guy but we've been linked with him for the best part of the last decade. I'd be pretty raging if we decided to actually buy him now that he's at the absolute nadir of his career.....

32 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I can't remember who, but I'm sure there was someone on here who absolutely hates McGeady and they're raging everytime we get linked.

I think he's **** useless.  Always have.  But I don't rage so maybe there's someone else :)

• Like 1

So Xia said that if others play dirty why should we play nice?... Following this, we've likely snatched McCormack from Norwich's clutches and now are rumored to be in for Diame ahead of his move to Newcastle.

Are we just going to nick everyone's transfer targets now? :lol: