Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, jon_c said:

Just looking at twitter and I have to say some Newcastle supporters really are the loveliest, friendliest people on social media.

they are trully the nicest out there

English Do they speak it

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We really need to start looking at the Southampton model, fully appreciate Xia has only just taken over so there's no chance to implement it yet, but I think it's where we need to be.

I remember reading that they have a team who have identified potential replacements for every player within their squad based on personality and ability, so if any kind of release clause gets triggered or player gets injured then there's a target to go and get straight away.

It's a fantastic model for a football club, and would help a team like us who seem to go through so many managers. 

I think that's what Riley/Fox/Almstad tried to do last summer. It's all about context, and also having talented scouts.

• Like 1

I'm pretty certain Nixon wasn't referring to DIame, with his tweet before. I think the 'better hurry all the same', was just a reference to the season starting soon.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

I feel we should try to hijack Alex Pritchard, he seems to be a decent young English winger. Decent price to. And surely wingers must be our priority, the difference between winger and the other areas we need to invest in is that we have no wingers and teams are never successful without wingers, they offer the easiest and most dangerous way of attack. We really really need two wingers tbh. Also would enjoy if we tried to hijack Diame, it's not to late until it is official ;) 

p.s in my opinion Jack Grealish is not a winger but more of a attacking central midfielder. Also I never expect to see Adama again, because managers don't seem to rate him + he is always injured.

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

Try working on your adding up then.

Bacuna + Hutton = 2 RB's, not 1.

Grealish, Bacuna, Adama, Tishbola, and 2 incoming = 6 midfielders, not 3

Better still, try posting your own opinions instead of hovering around discecting other peoples in a childish, pedantic attempt to make yourself look oh so clever.

So just 2 centre backs and 1 left back?  Ok then :P

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah, ah well, bugger.  I think the rest of us are just battling for second.  Just as long as Newcastle take 6 points off everyone else :P 

The last time the favourite was promoted as champion was in 2001.

That was Newcastle.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

HITC are the only site I've blocked on Newsnow. 

Well they broke the news at the same time as the Daily Mail about McCormack fee being agreed and the author of the piece was Graeme Bailey who is a reliable journo so maybe they are improving as a news outlet. 

3 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Is that Matt guy a reliable source?

He's the Matt from the Villa View. He isn't a source or an ITK, he just provides (a surprisingly good balanced) opinion on Villa rumours, etc.

45 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We really need to start looking at the Southampton model, fully appreciate Xia has only just taken over so there's no chance to implement it yet, but I think it's where we need to be.

I remember reading that they have a team who have identified potential replacements for every player within their squad based on personality and ability, so if any kind of release clause gets triggered or player gets injured then there's a target to go and get straight away.

It's a fantastic model for a football club, and would help a team like us who seem to go through so many managers. 

You know we pinched one of their top analysts s few weeks back right?