Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So, assuming McCormack signs what do we still need? For me in an ideal world its the following.

New starting CB 

New RB

Creative midfielder

On top of that if we can shift any of the dead weights and replace that would be ideal.

I still think we might look to bring in another striker as well but that's just a hunch. 

Exactly this.  

Think we might see one or two of these this week - CB and CM.  Not sure if we'll see the RB at all, but feel like another striker will arrive in the next couple of weeks.

Since Jedinak has been placed on the menu, I have no appetite for anyone else. ( Sorry, cooking dinner and I am hungry)

• Like 1

Combative, experienced centre mid for me is absolute priority. 

It's important to know what is going on with Adama. If he's staying and they are confident on his fitness then I'm good with our attacking options now. Goal McGoalface, Ayew, Grealish, Adama and Green is a good "team A" with some ok players and some youth behind them. Alternatively if Adama and/or another are to leave that's priority number two. I wouldn't be averse to expanding our options there regardless. 

Then a right back. As long as he isn't heavily relied upon Hutton is fine. I wish we would sack Bacuna off but we've heard zilch regarding that.

We can only legitimately carry a certain number of players before the coaching becomes diluted. We need to shift some proper dead wood.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Tony gets riled by Holloway and splurges the cash the following day - we should get Tony wound up more often.

Hey Tony. Holloway said that Jedinak would be a perfect fit for Newcastle!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So, assuming McCormack signs what do we still need? For me in an ideal world its the following.

New starting CB 

New RB

Creative midfielder

On top of that if we can shift any of the dead weights and replace that would be ideal.

I still think we might look to bring in another striker as well but that's just a hunch. 

Yeah I'd go with that.  If it was a 38 game season I think we'd probably be OK with the amount of centrebacks that we have, but given that it's 46 and it'll be more rough and tumble I suspect we may need that extra one.  Whether it's a starter or a backup I don't know.  I'm comfortable going into the season with Elphick plus either of Okore or Baker alongside him tbqh.

3 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Trippier?

Great call.  Although I suspect he may not fancy the comedown from Spurs to Villa at this present moment.  How depressing it even is to be writing that previous sentence :( 

Kieran Trippier would be a superb purchase. Unlikely, but superb. 

Wasn't there a comment from someone somewhere (could be Xia, RDM or a journo so nice and vague!) that we'd be looking for a creative midfielder to fill Gueye's position? I assumed that meant "squad wise" rather than literal. 

tough word removed CM, right back, left sided CB still to sign for me.

I think we have enough behind the CF in Grealish, Ayew, Traore, Veretout, Green. An old school 'left midfielder' who doesn't cut in would be nice too to add a different dimension.

An experienced CM like Jedinak or, dare I dream, Barry would be fantastic. Add Morrison to the mix and we'll comfortably have the best players in the league in key positions.

The prospect of Grealish, Morrison, Ayew and McCormack combining, with hopefully Adama and Green coming off the bench, whilst being held together by Tish and a new CM gives me a lot of hope for the season.

32 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

New starting CB 

New RB

Creative midfielder

A right back, two centre backs, a defensive midfielder, a box to box midfielder, two creative midfielders, a wide player and, a forward

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/02/aston-villa-fans-urge-club-to-sign-mile-jedinak-after-report-cla/ 

^ love this, got to go all out for Jedinak now

Aston Villa fans have been placed on red alert after a report from the Daily Mail emerged on Tuesday which claimed that Crystal Palace are looking for a buyer for experienced midfielder Mile Jedinak.

Jedinak has fallen out of favour at Selhurst Park under Alan Pardew, playing greatly reduced roles in the last two years as the Eagles look to kick on and add more quality to their starting XI.

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

An experienced CM like Jedinak or, dare I dream, Barry would be fantastic. Add Morrison to the mix and we'll comfortably have the best players in the league in key positions.

The prospect of Grealish, Morrison, Ayew and McCormack combining, with hopefully Adama and Green coming off the bench, whilst being held together by Tish and a new CM gives me a lot of hope for the season.

Shit me, if Barry now came back we would be completely sorted, captains throughout the first 11.