Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

5 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Brett Holman?...;)

I saw that one coming hence i quite clearly stated 'bossing' the midfield. Brett was a handy player at the end of his career but not in the same galaxy as Mile....

17 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

As an Aussie if we could get Jedinak we should be well stoked. 

I'll be proud as punch to have a fellow Aussie bossing the Villa midfield....

Please please get this one done....

Jordan Lyden?

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Not sure he has bossed the midfield yet? Still another Aussie up and coming

Not. Yet. He will one day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AJ said:

Jordan Lyden?

funny you should mention him. Jedinak's got a fan there methinks. Could train him up good

Australian youngster Lyden will be compared to many players, but as a defensive midfielder, the natural comparison to make is to his compatriot Mile Jedinak.

The Crystal Palace ace has enjoyed a successful Premier League career since the Eagles' promotion to the top flight in 2013, and Lyden explained why he thinks he is similar to the 31-year-old destroyer.

"I am a bit similar in a way to Mile in that I like to get stuck in with a tackle and I can play at the same time. That’s what Villa seem to like about me ... I can play in the right areas and if I need to mix it up a bit I can. But I like to play football. That's really my game, the technical side of things," he added.

If Lyden can become the next Jedinak, Villa will have a solid, dependable midfielder on their hands. It will take plenty of development and possibly some first team football over the coming years, but given Sherwood's ability to develop young players, Lyden may be at the perfect club to eventually emulate Jedinak.

(from last summer)

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/29/aston-villas-jordan-lyden-discusses-sherwood-compares-himself-to/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

I would like a central defender please. Thanks.

Ditto, I guess with Clark going that we will need to bring someone in now as RDM was planning on him staying, so will now be one light in CD department. Unless.....God forbid, we end up keeping the gruesome twosome of Richards and Lescott.

Jeez, I started this post quite optimisticly, then midway through pessimism took control.

14 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Pritchard would fit into the 'better get a move on' quote from Nixon as Brighton had a bid accepted for him yesterday

Might be what's needed for us to bid. I reckon if Norwich hadn't made a move for McCormack we'd have just waited. I'd imagine it's a case of holding out for better options until the club know for definite they'll miss out on someone and then they have to make a call whether to bid or not.

So, assuming McCormack signs what do we still need? For me in an ideal world its the following.

New starting CB 

New RB

Creative midfielder

On top of that if we can shift any of the dead weights and replace that would be ideal.

I still think we might look to bring in another striker as well but that's just a hunch. 

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

So, assuming McCormack signs what do we still need? For me in an ideal world its the following.

New starting CB 

New RB

Creative midfielder

On top of that if we can shift any of the dead weights and replace that would be ideal.

I still think we might look to bring in another striker as well but that's just a hunch. 

I'd love a RB, CM and a genuine winger with pace. 
Icing on the cake would be another striker.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

New starting CB 

New RB

Creative midfielder

In order of urgency.

RB -> Creative midfielder or winger -> CM (enforcer type) -> CB -> Striker

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

New CB could be McNair

New RB ... Not sure?

Creative midfielder could be Ravel

and I think Bamford as the other striker?

Fingers crossed, that would be amazing if all of those came in.

I would like DeAndre Yedlin

• Like 1