Long balls per game:

Jedinak - 1.9, 2.1, 3.2

Sanchez - 4.2, 3.6

Percentage of people who want the player at the club

Sanchez -2%

Jedinak -98%

• Like 1

Just now, Deisler123 said:

'Championships experience' is always mentioned when talking about potential transfers recently. 

Apart from those obvious, like number of matches, quality of games etc, can anyone explain to me what 'championships experience' really is? 

Like tough both mentally and physically? or something else? 

PS: I only watched a few play-offs before from division 2 so have no idea what kind of games I could expect.:P

Regularity of games, physical nature of the football, the type of football played, the conditions at grounds compared to the Prem.

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Regularity of games, physical nature of the football, the type of football played, the conditions at grounds compared to the Prem.

so the game is more physical, more traditional way of football play (like old English style? more direct and forward?)

Definitely looking forward to our Sunday's match!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deisler123 said:

'Championships experience' is always mentioned when talking about potential transfers recently. 

Apart from those obvious, like number of matches, quality of games etc, can anyone explain to me what 'championships experience' really is? 

Like tough both mentally and physically? or something else? 

PS: I only watched a few play-offs before from division 2 so have no idea what kind of games I could expect.:P

It's a different league to the premier league. The pace is slower, it's perhaps a bit more of a slug fest, tougher. Obviously the quality is lower, though not half as much as people think, and you'd expect most semi decent premier league players to easily make the step down but 46 games is quite a toll on the mind and body, especially when you're expected to make a decent fist of winning the thing. 

Also just simply experience against the teams and players we will be playing. Both literally and their "type".  

I think premier league experience would be more than adequate too as would winning experience in any league. 

• Like 1

Just now, steve1986 said:

Why is Mile Jedinak being seen as some sort of second coming? He's an average player, I am not against us signing him, but don't understand the sudden pedestal he is being put on.

I think it's the beard. Which I'm on board with. But that's about it.

4 minutes ago, steve1986 said:

Why is Mile Jedinak being seen as some sort of second coming? He's an average player, I am not against us signing him, but don't understand the sudden pedestal he is being put on.

Because we have had boys in the middle of midfield easily bullied for too long,  just too lightweight and basically shit

He is an upgrade on what we have,  he is a presence and not at all likely to be bullied in the middle and more importantly he is gettable.  He is a better quality than the league we are in

• Like 3

Just now, Deisler123 said:

so the game is more physical, more traditional way of football play (like old English style? more direct and forward?)

Definitely looking forward to our Sunday's match!

It is more physical in a combative sense yes, though obviously it lacks the pace of the top flight. It's more open generally than the Premier League, which whilst fast paced is a league where capitalising on mistakes is more the aim of the game.

Generalisations of course. There are some neat and nifty teams in the championship too but the majority of teams are in my experience direct and it can be quite frantic. It's actually more fun to watch than I'm making it sound!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steve1986 said:

It's not sudden.  I've been asking for him for months.  As have plenty of others.  The fact he has now become a possibility is just a little bit exciting for those of us who've seen him as a solution to our central midfield for months.

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It is more physical in a combative sense yes, though obviously it lacks the pace of the top flight.

Which is another reason why some see Jedinak as a solution.  We do not have midfield players of the physical nature to cope with the league, in my humble opinion.  He does have that ability and physicality

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Which is another reason why some see Jedinak as a solution.  We do not have midfield players of the physical nature to cope with the league, in my humble opinion.  He does have that ability and physicality

I think you're spot on. If not him somebody like him. 

Oddly I think Gareth Barry would do just as good a job. He's not a hard man per-se, but he can look after himself and is tough mentally. As well as being a born leader. 

15 minutes ago, steve1986 said:

and I forgot the most important reason.  BOF has been saying so for months

Just now, ChrisVillan said:

Wouldn't have thought we should be turning our noses up at average players. 

Not picking on anyone specific, but it is amusing. We've gone from "Anyone but the players we have!" to "Hmm, I know he's the best player in the Championship, but he's 29..." and "Jedinak, is he really that good?"

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

By the way @Deisler123 really glad to have you on board! The last 5 years or so have been hell, I'm hoping you are a good luck charm and that you only ever get to see Villa in the light she deserves to be viewed under. 

Thanks! I plan to watch most league games at home and hopefully Sky will make them live.

I am also planning to travel to Birmingham to watch a few home games at VP this season (quite a long way from home though), if Villa will be on the right track fighting back to PL. Probably towards the end of the season. Maybe we will meet at VP!

• Like 1