Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I doubt we would offer the same (or more) wages as Newcastle - they just seem to throw money at players. Would love to see their wage bill!

BUT

It would be really funny to strengthen our defence by nicking Diame at the last minute after weakening theirs by selling them Clark..... or in fact, using the Clark money to buy Diame :-)

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think he's **** useless.  Always have.  But I don't rage so maybe there's someone else :)

I think I overstated a bit  when I said 'raging', more 'not at all happy'

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we have identified Diame as a replacement for Gana then it's a little frustrating that we seem to be making such a late move. We've known about Gana leaving for ages. 

I don't think we have, at least according to Xia. This has all happened within the last week. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Hopefully get a new center half with clark leaving as we need some more depth at the back. 

Think we've got down to a place where it's Richards out - RB in, Lescott out - CB in as far as the defence is concerned.

We really need to start looking at the Southampton model, fully appreciate Xia has only just taken over so there's no chance to implement it yet, but I think it's where we need to be.

I remember reading that they have a team who have identified potential replacements for every player within their squad based on personality and ability, so if any kind of release clause gets triggered or player gets injured then there's a target to go and get straight away.

It's a fantastic model for a football club, and would help a team like us who seem to go through so many managers. 

Edited by PieFacE

Yeah, ah well, bugger.  I think the rest of us are just battling for second.  Just as long as Newcastle take 6 points off everyone else :P 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

We really need to start looking at the Southampton model, fully appreciate Xia has only just taken over so there's no chance to implement it yet, but I think it's where we need to be.

I remember reading that they have a team who have identified potential replacements for every player within their squad based on personality and ability, so if any kind of release clause gets triggered or player gets injured then there's a target to go and get straight away.

It's a fantastic model for a football club, and would help a team like us who seem to go through so many managers. 

One thing at a time. Lets start with getting a team good enough that we actually want to replace em in the first place!