Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, 7392craig said:

Bloody. I tried going in the sea, hurt like hell. Gonna stay at the bar instead ;)

Theres always a silver lining to these  things.......you get in that bar and suffer.

30 minutes ago, TB said:

Agreed - though I think Benin might have good chance to qualify with a draw - they would end up with 12 points.

Oh, and Wikipedia has put a 'Q' and 'Final Tournament' next to Mali in the Group C table for some strange reason.

I think Mali would be through on 13 points as one of the best 2nd placed teams even if they lose to Benin. 12 for Benin would be touch and go depending on a few of the other second placed teams' results.

38 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I know he has a 'past' but I would wet myself to see him on form in a side with Grealish and Traore and Ayew and Amavi. I'd be sodden and not only with urine.

I'd want to be sure he had his head sorted out before paying money for him, if Lazio would loan him I'd be more up for it and tell him to prove he's worth a contract by helping us get promoted. He's a very good player when he's on his game, he's not been on his game for ages though. He only played 159 minutes all last season for a not exactly awesome Lazio side. Few rumours of him being naughty and spending as much time as possible out of the country.

I'm not entirely convinced to say the least, the last stories over here linking us to him were around a month ago, gone a bit quiet now. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Who do we have that plays for Ivory Coast again....

Nobody yet, it's just that Kodjia has recently broken into the team so signing him would make it tricky when it comes to the Nations Cup.  Unless we can somehow swap him for Gestede and sign McCormack or Bamford too, then I'd be very happy.

1 hour ago, AValon said:

Theres always a silver lining to these  things.......you get in that bar and suffer.

I had to go for a lie down. Too much time 'suffering'. I'm up now and gonna go do some more ;)

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I wouldnt

I believe we need to shift out a few about another 6.  I also believe on top of one attack  minded midfielder and one striker we need another central defender a new right back, a winger and another striker.

Ideally I'd like another RB and another winger on top. It's not really what I want, but I would be satisfied with McCormack and Morrison.

Morrison is ridiculously talented. If there's a chance it could happen we should go for it. His attitude is questionable yes but sure you take a risk on every player to a degree, whether he flops on the pitch or is a messer off it. For what it's worth he's now following us on twitter.

16 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Morrison is ridiculously talented. If there's a chance it could happen we should go for it. His attitude is questionable yes but sure you take a risk on every player to a degree, whether he flops on the pitch or is a messer off it. For what it's worth he's now following us on twitter.

He really is. It is a gamble I would take too because for pure ability he is one of the best of a generation...if not the best.

Morrison?  Looks like we are still gambling on players (Richards, Richardson, Lescott etc) whose reputational football talents get them moves rather than what they have done for 2 or 3 years.

• Like 3

Interesting.

Only spoke to Ravel's mate yesterday and he said he'd started preseason with Lazio and Villa move seemed to be off.

He's no one official, just his mate who told me Morrison really wanted to join Villa/come to England.

24 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Nothing questionable about it.  No team has been able to handle him even big red nose couldnt

21 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Did he tear it up for QPR when they were in the championship or was he **** around?

Just looking at some stats from his past clubs shows that he had his best form at Qpr, he played 17 times and scored 6 with 2 assists.  Bond would know all about him and could be the one putting his name forward as a potential signing.