Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

30 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I'd be satisfied with that. Don't get me wrong I want more, but I'd be happy enough.

I wouldnt

I believe we need to shift out a few about another 6.  I also believe on top of one attack  minded midfielder and one striker we need another central defender a new right back, a winger and another striker.

6 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I don't think Benin or Ivory Coast have qualified.

I remember seeing Gestede and Benin did. Not sure on IC. If they havent.. thats a positive at least. 

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Golini

NewRB  Elphick  Okore  Amavi

Gana   Veretout

Morisson    Grealish      Ayew                        ---- All 3 players interchanging

Kodija

Pretty good Championship team imo 

Take Veretout out, he won't be here

1 minute ago, KSV said:

I remember seeing Gestede and Benin did. Not sure on IC. If they havent.. thats a positive at least. 

Ivory Coast are already through - won their group. Benin are currently best second place team with the top 2 second place teams going through. However they've got Mali left to play who have won their group already. If they lose that then they'll probably miss out and a draw might not be good enough either.

12 minutes ago, Richard said:

I wouldnt

I believe we need to shift out a few about another 6.  I also believe on top of one attack  minded midfielder and one striker we need another central defender a new right back, a winger and another striker.

If coached properly Hutton-Elphick- Okore/Clark-Amavi should be more than good enough for this level.

I accept Hutton is boderline but he is at least honest and willing so should fit right into the division. If he still looks poor then loan in an RB from the prem like Sam Byram.

Think our biggest problem is as usual central midfield. Looks like Sanchez and Veretout will be off so we're short on numbers there.

Not sure we need two new strikers if Ayew stays. I'd be looking at Ayew + new striker with Gestede and either Kozak/Gabby on the bench as decent enough options for this level. Would rather get a decent winger in than two strikers.

Expecting another three in before windo shuts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If coached properly Hutton-Elphick- Okore/Clark-Amavi should be more than good enough for this level.

I accept Hutton is boderline but he is at least honest and willing so should fit right into the division. If he still looks poor then loan in an RB from the prem like Sam Byram.

Think our biggest problem is as usual central midfield. Looks like Sanchez and Veretout will be off so we're short on numbers there.

Not sure we need two new strikers if Ayew stays. I'd be looking at Ayew + new striker with Gestede and either Kozak/Gabby on the bench as decent enough options for this level. Would rather get a decent winger in than two strikers.

Expecting another three in before windo shuts.

What about Trippier? he still at Spurs?

18 minutes ago, KSV said:

Sorry just checked, my mistake it was Nigeria that I was thinking of that aren't going, not IC. Benin are still waiting on ranking results. 

I don't understand how Ivory Coast can be winners of their group at this time - still one game left to play with a two point lead. And Benin might actually win their group and qualify directly - in second place two points behind Mali.

Just now, TB said:

I don't understand how Ivory Coast can be winners of their group at this time - still one game left to play with a two point lead. And Benin might actually win their group and qualify directly - in second place two points behind Mali.

Yeah, my mistake. Ivory Coast will need a draw against Sierra Leone which is pretty likely. Benin will be through with a win but probably out with anything less.

• Like 1

Just now, KSV said:

Ravel started following Villas official Twitter and alot of players. Its on!

I know he has a 'past' but I would wet myself to see him on form in a side with Grealish and Traore and Ayew and Amavi. I'd be sodden and not only with urine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Ivory Coast will need a draw against Sierra Leone which is pretty likely. Benin will be through with a win but probably out with anything less.

Agreed - though I think Benin might have good chance to qualify with a draw - they would end up with 12 points.

Oh, and Wikipedia has put a 'Q' and 'Final Tournament' next to Mali in the Group C table for some strange reason.

I hate loans.  Both loans in and loans out.  I would much rather there be permanent clean transfers not messy **** loans

Think there needs to be a Ravel Morrsion thread

Edited by Richard

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

You can't teach an old dog new tricks...and by tricks, I mean the very basic of footballing ability.