Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

6 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Yep, Gestede is useless. He won't be repeating that one-off season he had for Blackburn.

Blackburn are clearly evil geniuses.  They also somehow managed to turn the up-til-then completely impotent Roque Santa Cruz into a prolific goalscorer too.  Never buy strikers from Blackburn :P 

15 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Yep, Gestede is useless. He won't be repeating that one-off season he had for Blackburn.

but i spent half of last season being told that he wont have square feet and a toblerone head in the championship...

he's garbage, come back emile all is forgiven level garbage

• Like 2

We don't need 2 wingers.

We need 1 full back IMO.

A striker, 1 wide player and a full back would be ideal for me but a striker and wide player would be my preference if I had to choose 2.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We don't need 2 wingers.

We need 1 full back IMO.

A striker, 1 wide player and a full back would be ideal for me but a striker and wide player would be my preference if I had to choose 2.

So we'll just play with one winger?

We have wingers.

Adama, Sinclair, Ayew plays on the wing (or did last year), Grealish plays there. Then you have youth players who will get a chance, like Green.

You're saying we don't have a single winger?

Edited by StefanAVFC

Adama, injured all the time.
Grealish, definitely not a winger.
Sinclair, crap and will be sold.
Ayew, probably not best to play our best striker on the wing.

Unless Adama is fit and with us in August, no, I don't think we have one decent winger. I hope Green comes good but a lot of faith to have in a player that is untested. 
We struggled all last season with out lack of width and relied to heavily on our fullbacks to provide it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

but i spent half of last season being told that he wont have square feet and a toblerone head in the championship...

:lol: Gave me a good mental image.

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We don't need 2 wingers.

We need 1 full back IMO.

I want a right back, a midfield general and a striker, plus whatever miscellany RDM feels he needs to pad it all out.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I know he's young but wasn't Tish signed to be our general?

I thought he was more the defensive option.  I could be wrong, as I don't know what he's good at.  I'd like him alongside a Jedinak type though if at all possible.  That would give me a warm fuzzy feeling :D

• Like 2