Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I may be wrong but I think Morrison played for QPR in the championship at the same time that Kevin Bond was there in 2014. It also was his most productive spell in first team football. Over the three months he was there he played 17 games scored 6 goals, with 2 assists and a further 19 key passes. His pass success rate was 90%. One of the main issues with the Villa team last season was the total lack of balance. Recently I watched a video of the championship winning Villa team and it was really clear what a well balanced team it was.

I think Morrison brings quite a few qualities currently missing from the Villa team. He would bring a little bit of pace, the ability to beat a man, creative passing, goals and some dead ball expertise. All areas our midfield last season lacked. He also brings a questionable attitude and very little defensive contribution - qualities that many of the current squad also have. He would be a marked upgrade on Westwood or Gil or Veretout in terms of actually affecting a game. When he is playing well he seems to work hard as a player - it is just that it is a big when.

It would seem RDM wants to play 4-2-3-1 and Morrison fits in well with that. I personally like the idea of the 2 in that midfield being Gardner and Tish. Let's sell Gana as he wants to leave anyway. Gardener, Tish and Morrison has quite a nice balance to it in theory although they lack experience. Birmingham Mail says Villa are looking to offload maybe 8-9 players - let's hope we are more successful than previous attempts to do the same.

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm up for Ravel. 

**** it, why not. I mean I know why, but I'm up for trusting the management team. 

Yep, you have to trust the management team at this point. As with Xia, they need to be able to get moving before any real judgement.

Having said that - Ravel's history or failure to settle at any club, the attitude problems that apparently follow him around joining a squad with already more than it's fair share of dicks and him being a position where we have a couple of really promising young players does make me think the money could be spent better elsewhere and more beneficial ways to the team.

I do hope he's brilliant for us and drives us back into the Premier League, though.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only issue with him at Lazio is just failing to adjust to the life there rather than him causing any trouble etc ?

Lack of drinking buddies in the team? 

:D

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Lack of drinking buddies in the team? 

:D

Was he not mixed up with gangs in the uk and one of the reasons he went to utd was to try and get him away from them?  Could be totally wrong but i think its him i heard this about.

2 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Sign Morrison and employ Petrov as his personal coach/mentor.  Having Stan in his ear, advising him, buddying up to him, both on football and a personal level... t'd be a smart move.

I am all for signing Morrison but it isn't that easy just to have Petrov in his ear..

he is only 23, i thought he was older... random football related wiki quotes:

- Problems with Morrison's attitude in training had led manager Lee Clark to consider terminating his loan
- Lazio director Igil Tare said in October 2015 that Morrison "has undoubted quality and is world class, as well as being a little mad".

eccentric but talented, could be a star if treated right.

Edited by slovenian

10 minutes ago, Richie k said:

could be a great signing, just a slightly older grealish. but it could also be a travelsty.

Or it could be the beginning of a wonderful journey... ;)

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-transfer-news-rumours-celtic-11651612

Six Championship clubs are set to battle Scottish giants Celtic for the signature of Leicester City starlet Tom Lawrence.

That's according to the Daily Mail, which has named Aston Villa, Brighton, Derby County, Fulham, Nottingham Forest and Wolves among the Welshman's list of suitors.

Premier League Champions Leicester are set to send the Wales international on loan again- what would be his sixth temporary move of his career and he would have no shortage of clubs competing for his signature.

no disrespect to Leicester but taking their players on loan to develop them would be a new low

*nothing against Leicester but could say same for 90% of teams in Premier League we have allowed overtake us

• Like 1