Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Is it a buy out clause, or a release clause? One means the player can buy out their own contract for a set amount. The other we're obliged to release them if a club meets a certain  bid. 

3 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Is it a buy out clause, or a release clause? One means the player can buy out their own contract for a set amount. The other we're obliged to release them if a club meets a certain  bid. 

It doesnt matter either way. The result is (if the rumour is true) that Villa will receive £7m (which we apparently dont need) from whoever wants to buy his contract, and we will struggle to replace him!

23 minutes ago, HAL said:

should offer him a new contract without a buyout clause we should be able to offer more than other european clubs atleast

Id be dissapointed if we didnt at least try to hold onto him, but we may have tried everything already.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/11/roberto-di-matteo-keen-to-trim-aston-villa-squad-as-celtic-weigh/

Roberto Di Matteo keen to trim Aston Villa squad as Celtic weigh up a third bid for Scott Sinclair

Roberto Di Matteo is ready to drastically trim his Aston Villa squad as Celtic weigh up a third bid for Scott Sinclair.

Di Matteo is keen to sell at least four players this summer after inheriting a bloated squad following Villa's relegation from the Premier League. Sinclair could be the first high-profile departure, with Celtic manager Brendan Rodgerspreparing an improved offer of £3million to sign the former Manchester City winger.

Villa have turned down two bids from Celtic for the 27-year-old but are expecting a third approach later this week, with Di Matteo determined to lower numbers in his squad.

Micah Richards and Ciaran Clark both have £5million release clauses while  Jordan Ayew, Jordan Veretout and Idrissa Gueye are believed to have interest from clubs in England and abroad. Brad Guzan, the goalkeeper, is a target for Middlesbrough and Burnley have inquired about midfielder Ashley Westwood. And Di Matteo has admitted that shifting players out is a priority after adding three new signings - Tommy Elphick, Aaron Tshibola and Pierluigi Gollini - since his appointment.

We certainly need to trim at centre half.

If you look at Elphick being an obvious first pick given he was captain in the friendly then there's 1 place up for grabs between Okore, Clark, Baker, Richards and Lescott.

We are pretty bloated at CB now. Okore is in the good books again and Baker just played a season so he's o.k as back up so need to get rid of two.

Imagine 10m for Clark and Richards....:cheers:

1 hour ago, 1958Villan said:

Guyed is a DM who played box-to-box the season before he joined us because his club had an injury crisis.

As a DM for us he was the 2and best DM in the prem, only a hiker behind N'golo Mantel at Leicester.

We should be talking about him as a £25m player.

There is a difference between second best, and being second in the 'tackles made' list.

He wasn't good enough.

41 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Good idea. Let's get rid of our better players and hold onto the duds.

Nope. Just get rid of our worst players.

Vertout may have looked good on video before we signed him but he stank the place out last season when he played. Last season was incredibly forgettable, yes, but I can't think of one positive contribution he made during the season.

Edited by Pilchard

2 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Nope. Just get rid of our worst players.

Vertout may have looked good on video before we signed him but he stank the place out last season when he played. Last season was incredibly forgettable, yes, but I can't think of one positive contribution he made during the season.

I think he had 4 assists?

• Like 2

F' em, let them go if they want to go!

None of them had any real passion or fight last season, so I won't be sad to see any of them go.

If they want to stay and turn it around then fair play and I'm right behind them.

I want players who care about the club and have some spirit. Both of those were sadly lacking for the most part last season.

• Like 1

If Okore is staying i'd get him to sign an extension

Would be typical villa if he were to have a great season in the championship then piss off in the summer for nothing should we get promoted