Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I see it as a good sign that Diame is the type of midfielder that we're after, as I think it's what we desperately need. Diame himself is pretty inconsistent and he's older than I thought, so not too bothered that we haven't got him.

I think we are just trying our luck.. I prefer this to "oh that team has bid, okay then on to plan b" which was Aston Villa for as long as I can remember. Yeah it was maybe a bit too late to bid when the guy is having his medical, but at least it shows aren't going to give up on players just because someone bid on them first.

I r confused, why wait til the very last minute to try sign Diame?  Were we waiting on funds to come through from out goings?  If we wanted him as a replacement for Gana then we could of moved a lot earlier if we had the funds in place. 

All of this assumes that we have all of the relevant information and timings etc.  Which we clearly don't.  We can comment on what it looks like happened, but getting irritated or upset on the basis of speculation is a bit much.

Now if only there was an alternative we could go for *rubs chin*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

that was here , but that's a heck of a long time ago for someone with 9 posts :detect:

Have always read daily and just recently got an account to post, must be getting more opinionated with age!

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

Just looking at twitter and I have to say some Newcastle supporters really are the loveliest, friendliest people on social media.

Seems to be the nature of the beast/every club has their fair share of morons on there.

Just saw a villa fan tweet Clark wishing him dead for example :( 

I find it difficult to believe that any club, even ours, would leave it until the player was having a medical with another club before making their move.

So if we actually did have an interest, you would have to think it was before he went to NUFC for his medical, and therefor that he preferred them, for whatever reason.