Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

9 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I'm hoping that the Morrison links prove to have some credence too. The guy is seriously gifted as a footballer.

McCormack, Morrison and Bamford would be absolute dream stuff for the championship. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

McCormack, Morrison and Bamford would be absolute dream stuff for the championship. 

It certainly would. Morrison is an absolute gamble that could go horribly wrong, but he's got talent. 

Bamford is the one for me, though. Class act. 

• Like 1

Last I heard Morrison was having a decent pre season and they didn't want to let him go. Surely dents our chances hugely if he's in with a first team shot now. Unless he wants to move back to England, which would be strange imo. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

He did. So having him as 3rd/4th choice would show a real strength in depth. 

Actually DC, it was Rhodes that tore the defences apart and Gestede picked up the bits and pieces.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1958Villan said:

Actually DC, it was Rhodes that tore the defences apart and Gestede picked up the bits and pieces.

He really didn't.

Gestede was phenomenal in the air at Rovers and bullied defences. We haven't seen the same player at all at Villa. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It certainly would. Morrison is an absolute gamble that could go horribly wrong, but he's got talent. 

Bamford is the one for me, though. Class act. 

I think Morrison could be incredible at this level. And surely bamford, ayew and McCormack are scoring a shit load between them.

Although I do wonder why some teams haven't come in for bamford yet. 

4 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Yeah I could imagine that's the case. He did score goals at this level though and I think he's strong back up in the championship. 

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

Gana replacement needed

clark replacement needed

attacking midfielders needed

striker needed 

Gana replacement? Can't be hard to find someone who can't keep hold of a football.

Clark replacement? Where is Titus Bramble these days?

We need to be bringing in players better than that rubbish.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

Last I heard Morrison was having a decent pre season and they didn't want to let him go. Surely dents our chances hugely if he's in with a first team shot now. Unless he wants to move back to England, which would be strange imo. 

Your right....and i am sure Trent will back me on this.

He was basically a done deal at the start of the window, then the change of management has come in and obviously the manager now wants to have a look at him, and yes he is having a good pre season. I just was told at the weekend that we have gone back more aggressively to see if we can get the deal done again, it might be a simple yes we will sell or it might be they turn round and now want to keep him and i really dont know the answer to that unfortunately, think time will tell.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, villa_southerner said:

He was basically a done deal at the start of the window, then the change of management has come in and obviously the manager now wants to have a look at him, and yes he is having a good pre season. I just was told at the weekend that we have gone back more aggressively to see if we can get the deal done again, it might be a simple yes we will sell or it might be they turn round and now want to keep him and i really dont know the answer to that unfortunately, think time will tell.

Gutted that bad timing could mean we lose out on him. I really want this guy more than anyone else we've been linked to or who we could realistically get. 

4 minutes ago, villa_southerner said:

Absolutely.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Richard said:

Gana replacement needed

clark replacement needed

attacking midfielders needed

striker needed 

Clark replacement is not needed. We've signed Elphick and baker has returned. 

Tshibola has come in and gardner is back, I don't think we're desperate for an average player. 

Morrison looks a possibility. 

We're signing the best forward in the league.

• Like 1

With some of the more oft repeated links, although not confirmed or signed yet a side of the following suddenly looks a hell of a lot brighter:

Gollini

Hutton  Elphick  McNair  Amavi

Westwood

Morrison     Grealish

Ayew      Bamford    McCormack

Obv the formation and balance of the side needs tweaking, but looking good.

Edited by alreadyexists

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

With some of the more oft repeated links, although not confirmed or signed yet a side of the following suddenly looks a hell of a lot brighter:

Gollini

Hutton  Elphick  McNair  Amavi

Westwood

Morrison     Grealish

Ayew      Bamford    McCormack

Obv the formation and balance of the side needs tweaking, but looking good.

Quality team but Westwood would be blowing out his arse after 5 mins.

• Like 2

Very much last chance saloon for Morrison if he comes to us, or if he stays with the scum actually. Although putting away my claret and blue specs for a minute I think it's probably in his best interests to stay in Italy as I'd back the Italian coaching to get his head and his diet etc right too, him coming back to the UK might put some old demons in his face again.

He has always been an incredible talent, he has never put a season together though, if we bought him we'd really need at least one good whole season out of him.