Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

47 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Gana replacement? Can't be hard to find someone who can't keep hold of a football.

Clark replacement? Where is Titus Bramble these days?

We need to be bringing in players better than that rubbish.

I meant positional replacements !

37 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Very much last chance saloon for Morrison if he comes to us, or if he stays with the scum actually. Although putting away my claret and blue specs for a minute I think it's probably in his best interests to stay in Italy as I'd back the Italian coaching to get his head and his diet etc right too, him coming back to the UK might put some old demons in his face again.

He has always been an incredible talent, he has never put a season together though, if we bought him we'd really need at least one good whole season out of him.

I have had concerns about Morrison too, but agree that he is talented. With the dressing room now appearing to take an about face with an increase of mature heads and club captains, hopefully any potential behavioural quirks can be kept in check and regulated from the team level.

After the trauma of the transfer window last January, this window is shaping up as truly...romantically nourishing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa_southerner said:

Your right....and i am sure Trent will back me on this.

He was basically a done deal at the start of the window, then the change of management has come in and obviously the manager now wants to have a look at him, and yes he is having a good pre season. I just was told at the weekend that we have gone back more aggressively to see if we can get the deal done again, it might be a simple yes we will sell or it might be they turn round and now want to keep him and i really dont know the answer to that unfortunately, think time will tell.

So i am assuming.. based on him following Villa's twitter etc.. that he was open to returning to England and signing for Villa..  So its just whether we can agree a fee?

7 minutes ago, KSV said:

So i am assuming.. based on him following Villa's twitter etc.. that he was open to returning to England and signing for Villa..  So its just whether we can agree a fee?

Sounds more like if the new Lazio manager wants him. 

With the loss of ball winner Gueye and Fiorentina's interest in Sanchez, surely a bid for Sunderland DM, Liam Bridcutt wouldn't be amiss.

With the sale of Clark and the lack of ability of Richards plus the injury record of Okore and the lack of interest from Lescott, A bid of £4 - 5m for WBA's James Chester would be good. 

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Sounds more like if the new Lazio manager wants him. 

A few factors.. whether he will get regular game time when the season starts.. Does Ravel want to come back to England. More money at Villa? Lazio want to sell/manager wants him.. etc etc. 

I really want this guy. I think hes starting to mature and could really run the Championship with Grealish and feed McCormack and even hold their own in the Premier League once building a good understanding together.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

my debut post is to share a new transfer link. A rival potentially for the attacking midfielder / Morrison position is Luis Alberto of

Liverpool . Fee in the region of £6million. Age 23 has played just 14 games for them since a 6.5m move in 2014 apparently. I know nothing of him until now. http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/695360/Luis-Alberto-Liverpool-Sevilla-Aston-Villa-Wolves-QPR-Transfer-News-Rumours-Gossip

• Like 2

Welcome.

I applaud your eagerness, although that link came up a few days ago. 

Haven't seen enough of him to judge how good of a signing he'd be, would have to go someway not to be an improvement on some of these jokers though.

53 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

my debut post is to share a new transfer link. A rival potentially for the attacking midfielder / Morrison position is Luis Alberto of

Liverpool . Fee in the region of £6million. Age 23 has played just 14 games for them since a 6.5m move in 2014 apparently. I know nothing of him until now. http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/695360/Luis-Alberto-Liverpool-Sevilla-Aston-Villa-Wolves-QPR-Transfer-News-Rumours-Gossip

Welcome, friend.

Thanks for the welcomes. I've watched the site for years, mainly admittedly to scope for gossip during transfer windows never joined until recently. Waiting to create a thread in Supporters Clubs, which was another reason to sign up. Anyway, thanks and see you around. As for Luis Alberto, if there's any substance to that, surely of the three, we offer the better football prospects than QPR or wolves. 

Ayew linked to West Ham to be reunited with his brother for 8 million. Fark off West Ham. If theres no clause in his transfer and he wants to go its 20 million +. You premier league boys have the money.  

Edited by KSV

£8 million for Ayew? :crylaugh: Sure, we'll let him go for that! :rolleyes:

West Ham United are eager to reunite the Ayew brothers ahead of the 2016/17 Premier League season.

The Sun reports that the Hammers have opened talks with Aston Villa regarding an £8million deal for Jordan Ayew.

The 24-year-old striker is keen to depart Villa Park following the West Midlands club's relegation to the Championship and West Ham are now showing significant interest.

Slaven Bilic's side remain heavily interested in Swansea City attacker Andre Ayew and will reportedly seal a £16m deal once the Swans secure Fernando Llorente from Sevilla.

The Ghanaian brothers could now play alongside each other once again having started off together with French club Marseille.

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/west-ham-want-24m-ayew-brothers-to-team-up-at-olympic-stadium-4140830#8GKfeVU603gPED4Z.99

I very much doubt that there's a release clause - nothing mentioned by the press about it and Dr. T has certainly stated that he's staying.

I can imagine he might want to leave but there's no way we'd flog him for less than we paid for him. 

How disappointed would people be if we sold Aywe and used the money to bring in either Bamford or the Bristol City striker?

How much difference would that make in the grand scheme of things?

Judging on how we're lining up, it's going to be a lone striker and then a number 10. I don't know much about the other players but I personally wouldn't be over upset to replace Awye like for like with either of the other 2.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

How disappointed would people be if we sold Aywe and used the money to bring in either Bamford or the Bristol City striker?

Judging on how we're lining up, it's going to be a lone striker and then a number 10. I don't know much about the other players but I personally wouldn't be over upset to replace Awye like for like with either of the other 2.

Dont think he is that great.. so if we replaced him then yeah.. why keep a guy who wants to leave. But if we sign Ricky Lambert.. i may be a tad concerned. If Ayew goes i would hope his replacement comes in first to avoid a melt down!

• Like 1

Wasn't it said that all new contracts had release clauses in them, or was that just wage reductions?

Can't see why his contract would be any different. 

Edit: Would make sense that most agents would press for a release clause if their clients are to agree a wage reduction clause

Edited by sne

17 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

I would be, I think ayew is better than bamford and kodja