The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so the good players signed were by Riley and Almstadt and the bad ones by Sherwood? any real proof of this or is that guesswork

At the time that the debate was raging about signings, when Sherwood suggested to the press that the foreign signings were foisted on him, one of the newspapers published a list purporting to show who had made the final decision on the new signings, Riley or Sherwood.

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the desire's gone because they know they're not going to stay up. Maybe they viewed Liverpool as a winnable game and as soon as we went behind that was it. It's over.

Not absolving Garde form blame here. Like I said previously if we'd stayed more in touch by winning some of those games over xmas, then the players would still be fighting. That's down to him.

But from this position, I think it's an almost impossible task to get this group of players to be fully motivated.

We were beat before the game against Liverpool I've never seen such lack of desire and its continued since. Hardly any seem to break a sweat. It's time to plan for next season. Drop anyone who won't be here. Play youth when you can. I'd rather lose with 11 kids trying than this lot going through the motions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dn1982 said:

We were beat before the game against Liverpool I've never seen such lack of desire and its continued since. Hardly any seem to break a sweat. It's time to plan for next season. Drop anyone who won't be here. Play youth when you can. I'd rather lose with 11 kids trying than this lot going through the motions. 

Contrary to some, I think there are players currently playing who could be vital next season so i don't agree with the "drop everyone, play the kids" attitude (before we even get on to what it would do to a bunch of kids' confidence getting battered every week).

But yes, I do think there are some in the squad who it would be worth just dropping for good.

31 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

At the time that the debate was raging about signings, when Sherwood suggested to the press that the foreign signings were foisted on him, one of the newspapers published a list purporting to show who had made the final decision on the new signings, Riley or Sherwood.

I honestly think Reilly was heavily involved in the signings. he has a history of recomending shit players. look at his excellent transfer record at Liverpool. Also found this to support that

Reilly is useless

Fox will lean heavily on Paddy Reilly, who returned to Villa in November to become director of recruitment after a spell at Liverpool. Reilly would ordinarily be spending his time identifying players and overseeing scouting – the word inside the club is that he was the man who identified Christian Benteke and kept pushing for the Belgian to be signed from Genk back in 2012 – but he has now emerged as a hugely influential figure when it comes to identifying Lambert’s replacement.

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Contrary to some, I think there are players currently playing who could be vital next season so i don't agree with the "drop everyone, play the kids" attitude (before we even get on to what it would do to a bunch of kids' confidence getting battered every week).

But yes, I do think there are some in the squad who it would be worth just dropping for good.

Plan for next season now. Play Okore and Clark CB when Grealish and Adama are fit play them. If we keep playing the same players the atmosphere will just get worse. We need to try and get some momentum going into next season. 

8 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Plan for next season now. Play Okore and Clark CB when Grealish and Adama are fit play them. If we keep playing the same players the atmosphere will just get worse. We need to try and get some momentum going into next season. 

I tend to agree.  Can say what you like about Okore and Clark's ability but i would never question their attitude on the pitch.  Richards, Bacuna, Agbonhlaor, Westwood, Lescott... they dont give a feck anymore.  I personally would like to see Lyden get games instead of Bacuna now going forward.  Gestede and Ayew up front and Grealish replacing Westwood when he is over his injury.

Edited by HeyAnty

Just now, HeyAnty said:

I tend to agree.  Can say what you like about Okore and Clark's ability but i would never question their attitude on the pitch.  Richards, Bacuna, Agbonhlaor, Westwood, Lescott... they dont give a feck anymore.  I personally would like to see Lyden get games instead of Bacuna now going forward.  Gestede and Ayew up front and Grealish replacing Westwood when he is over his injury.

I don't agree about Westwood - i think he tries hard enough but he is limited skillwise

5 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Whilst I agree with you to a point about planning now for next year, it is difficult if firstly you arn't sure who may remain within your playing staff?  All well and good a player saying "I want to stay" but if good offers are received we will take them, make no mistake about that!  Secondly, the current manager may not be here, either because he walks or the club have a change of heart about him.  Just too many if's and but's I'm afraid to make any real plans.

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I don't agree about Westwood - i think he tries hard enough but he is limited skillwise

See i used to think the same but i think he has given up a bit since Garde took over.  Maybe its a confidence thing instead, dont know.  Either way hes not a good player and i want him out anyway for next season.  Gardner be big player to bring back in Championship 

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Whilst I agree with you to a point about planning now for next year, it is difficult if firstly you arn't sure who may remain within your playing staff?  All well and good a player saying "I want to stay" but if good offers are received we will take them, make no mistake about that!  Secondly, the current manager may not be here, either because he walks or the club have a change of heart about him.  Just too many if's and but's I'm afraid to make any real plans.

Agree, but you can make an attempt to play who you would like to see playing next season.

23 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Agree, but you can make an attempt to play who you would like to see playing next season.

I do agree with this I really do but as I said above and on page 410, does Garde actually have a pattern of play and idea of how he wants to see us play now and next season? Really starting to have doubts about him to be honest.  Yes I would like to see Lyden, possibly Mason and Sellars etc introduced but then again are they ready for it?

Edited by ferguson1

17 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I do agree with this I really do but as I said above and on page 410, does Garde actually have a pattern of play and idea of how he wants to see us play now and next season? Really starting to have doubts about him to be honest.  Yes I would like to see Lyden, possibly Mason and Sellars etc introduced but then again are they ready for it?

I'd be pretty confident that he does, however he will need to bring in players who are capable of implementing his ideas. At the moment we have next to nothing going forward (Ayew perhaps is the only viable option) which in turn means that our defence is constantly under pressure

That the board could not help him by bringing in two or three players who could start this journey in January is scandalous.

At the moment it's like trying to cook a gourmet dinner when you've got a packet of supernoodles, a potato and a turkey twisler

Â