New manager

KJT123

I'm not inspired by any of the choices available. 

I've always like Moyes but I'm not sure he's completely up to date with the modern game. Still probably my first choice.

I've never rated Rodgers, think he took over a very good Swansea side and everything was already in place for him. Only time he looked good at Ploop was when Suarez was carrying the whole team. 

The likes of Rowett have looked good in the lower leagues but are a gamble as to whether they can step up. Same can be said of the foreign options. 

Delighted we're making the change but by no means optimistic that things will be turning around quickly. 

I would love to be proved wrong but I don't see Moyes coming. I think it is far more likely to be some one out of work. Rodgers would be my favoured choice of those but he may see it has too big a risk to an already damaged reputation. Pearson of those managers who have managed in the Prem and are out of work would seem far more likely.

Rowett and Dyce as good up and coming young British managers would be a decent shout but lack the top level experience.

It is a massive task for whoever takes it on and whoever it is, regardless of whether they would be my choice, will get my full backing.

Edited by markavfc40

Steve Staunton, with Alan Wright as assistant.

You don't like us being the Premier League do you?

Second choice would be Gary Charles with Ricardo Scimeca as assistant.

In other words, I'm just delighted we got rid of Timmy.

• Like 1

All those asking for David Moyes, be prepared for boredom with a solid and unspectacular team and mid-table safety. Looks quite appealing right now!

I would be amazed if Gil featured regularly under a manager such as Moyes, or Grealish for that matter. Whereas you could see Traore and Sinclair playing regularly as wide players.

He never had any faith in Barkley at all

I have no idea which mug............sorry manager will be the next to kiss their career away at VP under Lerner but after TSM disaster I very much doubt it will be Rowett.

Moyes Zzzzz but after the shite we have seen for the last 5yrs it would be a relief.

Rodgers? I think I'd go for Lambert 1st!

Oh well, I guess we wait and see what the club will bring in, god help us all :)

You would have to assume that the  process of identifying a new man is nearly complete as tim has been a dead man walking for a few weeks now. The ground work should be done and we should have a new man in by next weekend. Crucial appointment this one. It's going to be tough to stay up.

Edited by villa89

I'm really surprised about the clamouring for Rodgers. We will continue to be complete walk overs, have a leaky defence and a whole host of players/formations that we can't get our head around. Not to mention the ridiculous bile he comes out with in his interviews. 

I think a foreign appointment at this time is a huge huge risk. Asking a foreign manager to come in and adapt to the language and English game with someone else's players is a massive gamble. If he is to be foreign then he must have managed in this league before with relative success e.g similar to Ranieri. So cancel bielsa a and Favre.

The only person we should be considering is David Moyes. I get that he is another Scot and doesn't excite the footballing senses. But he is way way out of the McLeish and Lambert bracket. we are in desperate need of some organisation, steeliness, never say die attitude and a style of play that will see us survive.Moyes can be that person who sees us comfortably mid table. And right now I'm sure we would all give our left bollock for that. He did a fantastic job at Everton. He built a really solid midfield with a bit of flair and a great defensive unit on a small budget at a club of similar size to us. Forget Utd and sociedad there are many reasons why that hasn't worked out. Credit to him for trying and I'm sure he's learnt from it.

If it's Rodgers or Pearson then our board has learnt **** all

• Like 1

the way some of the fans never gave Sherwood a chance like McLeish and Houllier didnt then maybe we deserve Redknapp in charge

the fans did give him chance, he kept us up. He just proved very quickly that he is Clueless. Your constant defence of him is baffling.

• Like 4

the way some of the fans never gave Sherwood a chance like McLeish and Houllier didnt then maybe we deserve Redknapp in charge

I think most Villa fans gave him a very fair chance, most were certainly happy in the summer.

You're focusing on the minority.

• Like 1