New manager

KJT123

I think O'Leary gets a tough time of it on here. Much of his dreadful final year was down to Ellis draining as much cash out of the club prior to a sale - the whole club was full of negativity. You wonder what could have been if Lerner had given him the keys to the safe rather than O'Neill.

• Like 4

I think O'Leary gets a tough time of it on here. Much of his dreadful final year was down to Ellis draining as much cash out of the club prior to a sale - the whole club was full of negativity. You wonder what could have been if Lerner had given him the keys to the safe rather than O'Neill.

And all he had at his disposal were an honest bunch of lads. Now let me spend some time telling you about what he did at Leeds....

I saw some comments from Yorke, saying that managerial experience can't be that important as we've had experienced managers here that have resulted in failure. What a bizarre and perplexing logic he's using. By that rule, we may as well employ a binman as our manager.

Admittedly I'm being slightly sarcastic, but I just don't think it sends out a good message to be making these decisions / making them public when there is no manager. It just doesn't sit right. Bit like when we signed Ireland.

Is there anything the club does, that you do think sends out a good message? ;)

I noticed that too Rob.  We've had experienced managers who failed, therefore obviously go for an inexperienced manager.  That insight into his thought process in itself should be enough to make them run a mile.  I'd be more worried about his comment that he could hardly do any worse than Sherwood, which has the subtext that we're going down anyway, so he may aswell test his mettle at our expense.  F**k him the double-traiterous word removed.

VT just died for half an hour.  That usually means something is happening.

It means there are still gremlins in the hosting platform. No-one let me know though. It was fixed a couple of minutes after I let them know.

I need them to fix the platform so that they can get to work fixing the editor.

Just caught the interview with Micah Richards by Pete Colley. They spoke about Remi Garde and whether he would benefit the French speaking lads and he basically said the most important thing is that he speaks English as he is coming to England and that when he went to Fiorentina he had to learn to speak Italian.

He said the most important thing was that whoever came in had to make an instant impact. There was no time for them to settle in.

I think that is my only reservation with Garde is that it could take him a while to settle. Like it or not the facts are he has never managed in this league before and only has 3 years managerial experience full stop. If we were mid table or it was now June and he had 2 months pre season I'd be all for it. As it is given the dire position we are in then given choice I'd still prefer us to go all out for Moyes who I think knowing this league inside out all things considered he would be more likely to make the instant impact we desperately need.

• Like 2

VT just died for half an hour.  That usually means something is happening.

It means there are still gremlins in the hosting platform. No-one let me know though. It was fixed a couple of minutes after I let them know.

I need them to fix the platform so that they can get to work fixing the editor.

gremlins3.jpg

• Like 2

Just caught the interview with Micah Richards by Pete Colley. They spoke about Remi Garde and whether he would benefit the French speaking lads and he basically said the most important thing is that he speaks English as he is coming to England and that when he went to Fiorentina he had to learn to speak Italian.

He said the most important thing was that whoever came in had to make an instant impact. There was no time for them to settle in.

I think that is my only reservation with Garde is that it could take him a while to settle. Like it or not the facts are he has never managed in this league before and only has 3 years managerial experience full stop. If we were mid table or it was now June and he had 2 months pre season I'd be all for it. As it is given the dire position we are in then given choice I'd still prefer us to go all out for Moyes who I think knowing this league inside out all things considered he would be more likely to make the instant impact we desperately need.

“I feel the commitment of the club and the players in me, and we’re trying to get good results,” Moyes said.

“I speak every day [with President Jokin Aperribay]. I have a contract until June 30 and no decisions will be taken until then.”

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/liga-bbva/moyes-have-contract-with-real-sociedad-until-june-4618981

Moyes isn't coming.

Dear Remi,

I know it would be great if you could have all the backroom staff you want, but we can't control the decisions of other clubs.  If you really want to gain experience as a manager in the Premier League, here's your chance.  Now.  If you take months trying to get your mates, it will be too late.  Start.  We can work on some temporary coaches and helps and then see what happens with your old mates contracts. 

Oh, and here's 30 million to use in January as you see fit.

Now let's get this sorted, get you sorted, and get on with progress for you and for this club.

Oh, and did I mention that here's 30 million to use in January as you see fit?

Sincerely,

Anyone with sense.

I read an interview with Houllier the other day and he said that Garde speaks perfect English.

Was the interview in French?  If so, you are bilingual and I nominate useless for manager !!  That seems to be the important criterion.

I read an interview with Houllier the other day and he said that Garde speaks perfect English.

Was the interview in French?  If so, you are bilingual and I nominate useless for manager !!  That seems to be the important criterion.

It was in English, although to honest it was more like a few quotes from Houllier rather than an actual interview.

I noticed that too Rob.  We've had experienced managers who failed, therefore obviously go for an inexperienced manager.  That insight into his thought process in itself should be enough to make them run a mile.  I'd be more worried about his comment that he could hardly do any worse than Sherwood, which has the subtext that we're going down anyway, so he may aswell test his mettle at our expense.  F**k him the double-traiterous word removed.

I'd quite like us to tell Dwight that he did get down to the final few candidates, but we've decided to employ a turtle as our manager, as all of our previous managers have been human and some have failed. Also, the turtle interviewed better.

It was in English, although to honest it was more like a few quotes from Houllier rather than an actual interview.

I respectfully withdraw my nomination.

• Like 1

Remi's still trading at 1.7-1.8 on betfair so no great movement in the betting. Certainly not 1/6. 8/11 in old money.

This roughly represents a 60% chance of him coming for those who don't understand odds. 

The odds-on status is indicative of us being in 'talks' but nothing beyond that atm.

Edited by supernova26