Janoi Donacien

Pembers

So, Lamberts giving him quite a bit of game time this pre-season despite the fact that we have Clark, Baker, Vlaar, Okore and Herd who can all play CB. Lambert must see something, any one have much info on him?

Class player. Brother says hes the second fastest in the whole team besides from gabby. Him and okore at CB would outpace most strikers !

Agree. I watched him play at Villa Park in the NextGen and he was good. When he made an error his pace soon corrected it!

Edited by brommy

I've always been led to believe he's a CB. But Lambert putting Herd there (when he's usually a RB) and Donacien and RB has made me think differently. He was possibly just being tested there, maybe to see if he's good enough cover to Lowton, as to prevent Lambert having to buy cover.

I've always been led to believe he's a CB. But Lambert putting Herd there (when he's usually a RB) and Donacien and RB has made me think differently. He was possibly just being tested there, maybe to see if he's good enough cover to Lowton, as to prevent Lambert having to buy cover.

very likely. Why block a path of a kid who has massive talent and add to the wages.

• Like 3

Think he got caught out of position at one point in the 1st half against Luton and he was that fast he actually managed to get back and put a block in and put off the shot rectifying his mistake. His speed is rather insane. Looked quite a good player as well. Might lack a fair bit defensively but I'm sure he'd be more than adequate cover.

Really hard to judge a defenders ability. He certainly has the physical attributes to be a good player for us in the future though. Some time in the season I'd like to see him get some experience somewhere, defenders like Caulker at Spurs and Cahill in the past have benefited from dropping down the leagues and adjusting to a more physical game.

It always confused me as to why Clark was never given this opportunity and his playing style seems to reflect this at the moment.

Â