Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

8 hours ago, KSV said:

Reportedly were sending Illori back. So he wont count. (only on the 4 overall.. so we have 3 left)

QPR will want a fee for him rather than risk losing him. They wont be coming up. Its a win win for QPR and Austin. He can prove he is a premier league player again as noone had come in for him. They most likely wont go down another division. They will be mid table with or without him.

I think Austin holds all the cards here. I'm sure if QPR do not get him sold by the end of the window then they might look at a loan deal with some cash from us to make it worth their while (but by the end of this month would there be any point in it for us?). But would Austin want to join us and what would be in it for him to do so ( I doubt he sees much chance of making the England Euros squad or feels a need to prove himself in the top flight again and following a short term deal with us his performances might suggest he was a one season wonder after all)?

I think the only way he will move before the end of the season is if the right club (for him) come in and make him the sort of offer he will get as a free agent in the next window. For me he will do a Danny Ings.   

Edited by John

38 minutes ago, useless said:

Birmingham Mail

'Relegation clauses were inserted into contracts and Villa opted against signing players who refused to reduce their wages if the club lost their Premier League status'

I think the club started putting relegation clauses into all members of staffs' contracts two or three seasons back.

As sensible as it seems it just sends the message out that we have zero ambition. Although you'd think it would give the players something to fight for.

We really are a **** shambles.

Palace apparently about to sign Adebeyor according to the mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/emmanuel-adebayor-shock-target-crystal-7123456

Emmanuel Adebayor a shock target for Crystal Palace - who are now favourites to sign him

• 20:29, 5 JAN 2016
  • UPDATED 20:30, 5 JAN 2016
  • BY ED MALYON

The former Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham forward is a free agent after leaving White Hart Lane in September by mutual consent

29 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Palace apparently about to sign Adebeyor according to the mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/emmanuel-adebayor-shock-target-crystal-7123456

Emmanuel Adebayor a shock target for Crystal Palace - who are now favourites to sign him

• 20:29, 5 JAN 2016
  • UPDATED 20:30, 5 JAN 2016
  • BY ED MALYON

The former Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham forward is a free agent after leaving White Hart Lane in September by mutual consent

I guess after Remy turned them down for us they had to find a second choice;)

Edited by Brumstopdogs

I'd prefer to sell anyone who we can get a decent wedge for, keep the best players who will actually fight next season, and promote a lot of the youth players to the senior squad.

We know that the likes of Gardner and Grealish absolutely tore up the chumpionship (and 1st division) and we have some very promising young players in the same vein. 

I think we could streamline a lot and still be very competitive, forging a team which would come back up first time and represent a bit of a rebirth in the premier league.

i know of one player who has a 50% relegation wage clause. i imagine there are more if not all who have signed contracts in recent years will have this clause aswell. definetly the right thing to do but as someone said earlier just shows a lack of ambition really. 

5 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

i know of one player who has a 50% relegation wage clause. i imagine there are more if not all who have signed contracts in recent years will have this clause aswell. definetly the right thing to do but as someone said earlier just shows a lack of ambition really. 

Yep, it sends an institutional message of "No Confidence". Can't be good for the mentality of the players putting pen to paper.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yep, it sends an institutional message of "No Confidence". Can't be good for the mentality of the players putting pen to paper.

Yeah it does but i would also say that it must be hard to make this kind of decision as the football club must be prepared for any situation which is correct (villa being prepared is a shock in itself!!). but then on the other hand the message it kind of sends out is we expect to be fighting relegation during your contract. 

Kind of a double edged sword really.

i wonder if any potential signings have been put off by this in the past?

Edited by leighavfc

I'd say the relegation wage reduction clauses makes sound business sense. (don't get to say that very often around here) It's probably safe to assume that the player in question is part of the reason we got relegated in the first place, it's only right that they suffer the consequences.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

I'd say the relegation wage reduction clauses makes sound business sense. (don't get to say that very often around here) It's probably safe to assume that the player in question is part of the reason we got relegated in the first place, it's only right that they suffer the consequences.

Yes i agree it makes perfect business sense. Prepare for all outcomes.

Yes the player in question is in 25 man squad but not a "regular starter". Is part of the squad who will probably take us down, so again i agree they should suffer the consequences as all of us would if we performed poorly in our jobs.

6 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

If anything in that article is remotely accurate then it's a pity the scouting department didn't apply the same logic when we purchased players to supposedly compete in the premier league.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Does it? I reckon it's a pretty common contract condition. 

• Like 3