Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Not sure if he has been mentioned yet, but would anyone say no to jordan rhodes? Proved at championship level, we know he works well with gestede and if we bid now he could settle for the rest of the season and possibly get us some goals. Ive seen him linked with middlesborough but surely we could be a better bet for him?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you can only have 2 Premier League loans and 4 loans altogether 

Austin isnt at a premier league club so we would be able to loan him from QPR. I have factored Remy and Debuchy as Premier League loans. The rest would have to be purchases. Anyway my point is.. if we can be clever and get a few decent players in.. win 1-2 games in a row.. the rest of the squad may get a lift and we can give it a shake to get safe.. its a huge long shot.. but its worth a go surely. If we cant get Debuchy.. move Richards to RB and purchase a good CB to partner Okore or try and sign Byram. I am sure there are options. Randy has to do something surely. Back the manager like you did when Bent signed.

Edited by KSV

3 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Not sure if he has been mentioned yet, but would anyone say no to jordan rhodes? Proved at championship level, we know he works well with gestede and if we bid now he could settle for the rest of the season and possibly get us some goals. Ive seen him linked with middlesborough but surely we could be a better bet for him?

Boro will (probably) be in the Premier League next season.

We won't.

Just now, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

I get that, but we are a far bigger club, would probably offer higher wages and can offer him the chance of linking up with gestede again. 

But they can offer him premier league football, which I imagine he'd jump at.

I don't think we'd offer him significantly more than they would either.

For me we have to start acting now and starting bringing the players who can give us a shot at survival. I wouldn't be surprised if the club are waiting to see if we can close the gap during the next few games before committing to certain signings, though. 

Cole looks like hes off to Coventry on a permanent transfer. Might be the old.. 1 out 1 in policy.

Ronaldinho is available on a free. Any takers? Depending on wages.. worth a gamble. Might make a few shirt sales with it too ;)

Edited by KSV

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

Cole looks like hes off to Coventry on a permanent transfer. Might be the old.. 1 out 1 in policy.

Ronaldinho is available on a free. Any takers? Depending on wages.. worth a gamble. Might make a few shirt sales with it too ;)

Robinho is on a free as well and 31 years old.

Just left Guangzhou Evergrande after a good six month contract with him and has experience in Premiership.

Wages will no doubt be an issue though :)

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Robinho is on a free as well and 31 years old.

Just left Guangzhou Evergrande after a good six month contract with him and has experience in Premiership.

Wages will no doubt be an issue though :)

geez what happened to that bloke. At 31 he should still be in Europe.

18 minutes ago, KSV said:

Austin isnt at a premier league club so we would be able to loan him from QPR. I have factored Remy and Debuchy as Premier League loans. The rest would have to be purchases. Anyway my point is.. if we can be clever and get a few decent players in.. win 1-2 games in a row.. the rest of the squad may get a lift and we can give it a shake to get safe.. its a huge long shot.. but its worth a go surely. If we cant get Debuchy.. move Richards to RB and purchase a good CB to partner Okore or try and sign Byram. I am sure there are options. Randy has to do something surely. Back the manager like you did when Bent signed.

why would QPR want to loan Austin out? No benefit to them especially as they are sinking into a relegation battle without him

Remy and Debuchy can only have 1 as Ilori is here. its 2 overall in a season

Just now, Zatman said:

why would QPR want to loan Austin out? No benefit to them especially as they are sinking into a relegation battle without him

Remy and Debuchy can only have 1 as Ilori is here. its 2 overall in a season

Reportedly were sending Illori back. So he wont count. (only on the 4 overall.. so we have 3 left)

QPR will want a fee for him rather than risk losing him. They wont be coming up. Its a win win for QPR and Austin. He can prove he is a premier league player again as noone had come in for him. They most likely wont go down another division. They will be mid table with or without him.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

would rather spend now get these guys in so they are use to how we want to play so we dont have to worry about them settling if signed in summer

I've been watching this shower for yrs and I haven't got a clue how we want to play, not sure any new signings are going to work it out in 6 months. ;)

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Ronaldinho would be amazing.  Would at least give the fans something decent to watch for the final half of our relegation season :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

I'd say as he's called Jordan there is every chance. From our recent transfer history it seems the stats guys are recommending we sign all the Jordan's we can. Guess after the numbers were crunched they liked what they saw.