Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

4 hours ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Not sure if he has been mentioned yet, but would anyone say no to jordan rhodes? Proved at championship level, we know he works well with gestede and if we bid now he could settle for the rest of the season and possibly get us some goals. Ive seen him linked with middlesborough but surely we could be a better bet for him?

Hasn't exactly fired Blackburn to glory the past few seasons, flat track bully, very lazy, contributes nothing if not firing. Don't rate him one bit.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Hasn't exactly fired Blackburn to glory the past few seasons, flat track bully, very lazy, contributes nothing if not firing. Don't rate him one bit.

Gestede and Rhodes sounds like an energetic attacking force last season then ;)

51 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

41 Championship goals between them last season we have that up front next season we will come back up

But our defence is crap. Blackburn had both last season and didn't come up after scoring 41 goals so not sure how that would suddenly work for us.

28 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

But our defence is crap. Blackburn had both last season and didn't come up after scoring 41 goals so not sure how that would suddenly work for us.

Being crap in this division does mean being crap in the Championship, also they had no goals from in the team

14 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

the question no-one seems to be asking is if we can afford to keep the players we have, Premiership wages in the Championship doesn't work.

I'd hope we have relegation wage reductions in the contracts!

1 minute ago, villafan306 said:

since when did we ever do anything sensible like that?

we gave Hutton a new 4 year contract, we gave Gabby a new contract. I think Richardson is being lined up for a new 6 year deal.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

the question no-one seems to be asking is if we can afford to keep the players we have, Premiership wages in the Championship doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, villafan306 said:

I can already predict the explosion on here if anyone of our current squad ask for a transfer when we go down because they are "Too Good" for the championship.

21 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Not long term, no.

But if the club takes the view that we'll try and come back up on the first attempt then we can manage it for a season I'm sure.

I think less players will leave than people think.

• Like 1

Birmingham Mail

'Relegation clauses were inserted into contracts and Villa opted against signing players who refused to reduce their wages if the club lost their Premier League status'

I think the club started putting relegation clauses into all members of staffs' contracts two or three seasons back.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Birmingham Mail

'Relegation clauses were inserted into contracts and Villa opted against signing players who refused to reduce their wages if the club lost their Premier League status'

I think the club started putting relegation clauses into all members of staffs' contracts two or three seasons back.

wow, fair enough if true

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Birmingham Mail

#winning

• Like 1