Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

If I was a player it would send the message out I better pull my finger out if I don't want a drop in wages!!  

This may actually explain why certain clubs switch off at the magical 40 point mark.   Secured safety why bother.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

If anything in that article is remotely accurate then it's a pity the scouting department didn't apply the same logic when we purchased players to supposedly compete in the premier league.

It's Nursey, so I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

1 hour ago, leighavfc said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/doomed-aston-villa-lining-up-7122367

Yes its the mirror but if this really is the case then i would not be expecting much if anything this window.... Mind you i dont know what my expectations for the club are any more! Incompetence?

And so it begins. Accept it is the mirror, but the strategy sounds like something Lerner has dictated. Anyone that thinks we will come straight back up, should think again if this is true. If we start next year with a bunch of new championship level players I could see the club going into freefall. Said players will have to bed in as a team and we could easily get slaughtered.

If we think it's bad now, try to imagine what it will feel like if we are struggling in the championship. The old 'At least we are not Leeds' refrain from the Ellis days could come back to haunt us. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I know Assombalonga had knee surgery a year ago, but I feel should he recover well he's one we could look at.

I think he'd probably cost too much but I do really rate him and would love him with us in the Championship

12 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

And so it begins. Accept it is the mirror, but the strategy sounds like something Lerner has dictated. Anyone that thinks we will come straight back up, should think again if this is true. If we start next year with a bunch of new championship level players I could see the club going into freefall. Said players will have to bed in as a team and we could easily get slaughtered.

If we think it's bad now, try to imagine what it will feel like if we are struggling in the championship. The old 'At least we are not Leeds' refrain from the Ellis days could come back to haunt us. 

Also, every team we play will be extra motivated to pile more anguish upon the mighty Aston Villa. Mid table finish at best, is my guess.

Edited by maqroll

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Also, every team we play will be extra motivated to pile more anguish upon the mighty Aston Villa. Mid table finish at best, is my guess.

Yep everyone will want our scalp, but as ridiculous as it sounds midtable might, just might be optimistic. Who would have thought we would have 8 points in the PL after 20 games and be the the lowest point scoring team ever in the PL? If he we lose the few decent players we have and replace them with what we can pick up from the Championship we will start on a less than level playing field. The decline could just continue.,... 

• Like 1

It's really depressing seeing the teams around us looking for top talent, whilst it looks like we have seemingly given up.

I know that realistically we are going down, but it seems that we aren't even going to fight. 

Freebies and experienced championship players makes a lot of sense, our beloved club is ruined. 

Many VT posters been banging the "we're already down, time to plan for a quick rebound" gong for some time.  I have disagreed with their certainty, and their strategy.  If the club does turn out to be thinking the same way, how many of them will turn and blame Randy, Fox, Garde, and anyone else, for "giving up" and "one more terrible decision"?

• Like 1

My perspective re: relegation and contracts is that if a player isn't prepared to take a reduction in wages, it shows that he hasn't got much belief in himself and isn't prepared to fight. It's a good indicator of character IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

Many VT posters been banging the "we're already down, time to plan for a quick rebound" gong for some time.  I have disagreed with their certainty, and their strategy.  If the club does turn out to be thinking the same way, how many of them will turn and blame Randy, Fox, Garde, and anyone else, for "giving up" and "one more terrible decision"?

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Exactly. We need to keep fighting while there's still a chance. Accepting relegation in January is exactly the type of thing people would slam the board for.

Face up to it. We are down. I posted previously that the silence from the club is deafening and i truly believe we will sign nobody in this window. 

The way the club has been run over the last 5 years the owner and the so called board have already demonstrated they are planning for the Championship. Fox as much said so when he came out and said the club are geared up for if they do go down.

-----------Mandanda-----------
Richards-Okore-NEW-Cissokho
-----------Toulalan-------------
------Gana-----Veretout--------
-------------Gil---------------------
-------Ayew----Remy------------

Bench: Guzan, Bacuna, Lescott, Grealish, Westwood, Adama, Gestede

If Remi gets his reported targets + a new CB, I think this team has a fighting chance. Keep the faith QKsCx28.png

Edited by Keyblade

All of the players we have been linked to so far are seemingly off to somewhere else.

Mandanda, Remy, Amalfitano, Debuchy.

Now we're going back to the washed up transfer policy that the club spent the last 3 seasons combatting against? When will this end?