Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We should be making any signings now with a view to the championship. Any player who signs will know that's where they will be playing next season. We should also start giving some of the youth a go or at least sending them on loan to that league.

Yep,  5 months top flight experience may give them the appetite to fight for more next year

• Like 1

Wily Boly anyone? :D

https://www.clubcall.com/aston-villa/villa-watch-french-defender-in-portugal-1794621.html?

Representatives from both clubs were at the Estadio do Bonfim for the Portuguese Super Liga clash which finished in a 1-1 draw, keeping both clubs in the hunt for European places. Bayern Munich and Celtic also sent scouts to the match with the German champions there to monitor the form of their on-loan keeper Lukas Raeder at Setubal. Villa could also have been keeping one eye on the 22-year-old German, who started last season as back-up to Manuel Neuer before being loaned out, as they search for a young keeper to provide competition to Brad Guzan. Another potential target in the match could have been Braga centre-back Wily Boly - a former France Under-16, Under-17 and Under-19 international who will be well known to Remi Garde. The ex-Auxerre starlet, who stands 6ft 3inches tall, has started 26 league matches in the past two seasons since his rumoured £1.5million move to Braga. Read more about Aston Villa. 

8 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Derby supposedly in for Afobe.

Not overly fussed by Afobe and Wolves always seem to do anything to avoid selling us any of their decent players, but it is quite sad to think we are likely already in a worse bargaining position for attracting players than the likes of Derby & Boro!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Another good shout even though he is getting on a bit now, how he hasn't ended up back in the Premier League is a mystery. We'd finally have a good set piece taker again then (although I tend to believe we are cursed with this.).

He was in the Premier league with Cardiff who will be playing next season;)

The silence from VP is deafening. What are they doing?

I know we are only four days into January but we need quick action. I now believe we will sign nobody as the club are prepared for relegation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I now believe we will sign nobody as the club are prepared for relegation.

Are we really though?

This squad will get destroyed in the championship we need to start building for that now

• Like 1

Under normal circumstances i'd agree but i think we have a side which is rotten to the core and that requires major surgery

Considering were down anyway I'd get rid of three quarters of the team and bring in players who will fight for the shirt who can handle the increased amount of fixtures in the championship and target some players with the real leadership qualities that we lack and i'd sign players that actually want to play for the club.

We need to get players in sooner rather than later if we do it all in the summer it will be yet another transition period and i very much doubt we will come back up first time of asking

Edited by AshVilla

I don't want to buy players now preparing them for next year. What are they going to learn? How to lose and playing in a pretty toxic atmosphere. That's going to do them now good. Any players we're signing to gain promotion need to be signed in the summer. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I've not accepted the R word yet unlike loads of other Villa fans

You probably should! 

The fact we haven't bought anyone in yet this window suggests Lerner has no interest in trying to save us. I'd have expected deals to have already been done come the 2nd Jan! 

• Like 1