Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Anyone getting worried yet? It's Jan 5th and we still haven't seen anything close to being a done deal.

Nope. 

I'd be worried if we were still in the race. We'd need signings in asap to give us the best chance of staying up.

But the race is over. I have no issue with Garde taking his time over signings now.

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but this sums up Collymore completely...

He said: “Why not now release players on big contracts, or [sell] for a very low fee.

"I’m thinking of people like N’Zogbia - let him go for a couple of million and get him off the wage bill.

Eerrr.... do you think we've been holding out for £10m for him or something Mr.Collymore?! Let him go for a couple of million? Who the feck is going to buy him for a couple of million?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Garde being the key here. I don't want anymore of Rielly's Football Manager database signings.

As much potential as these guys have we need the manager now to be choosing his players.

Never a truer word written!

How many loans can we have if we get rid of the liverpool reject back to them.

I honestly believe the best option is to get in 2-3 top loan signings in on big money for 6 months, the likes of Remy who arent getting game time at their clubs and want to put themselves in he frame for the euro's. 

That way they are getting their game time with the effort being put in and we might get a run going that gives us some creditably as we have 3 top players.  We also arent lumbered with high wages when we go down.  Win Win for both parites

i kinda presumed Garde would have been working on transfers from the moment he joined us and we would have some ready for when the window opens, so surprised that no concrete links have emerged yet, aside from Loic Remy - which i'm sure Lerner's already told Garde 'nah i aint paying 100K wages when we are heading down the toilet.' 

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

i kinda presumed Garde would have been working on transfers from the moment he joined us and we would have some ready for when the window opens, so surprised that no concrete links have emerged yet, aside from Loic Remy - which i'm sure Lerner's already told Garde 'nah i aint paying 100K wages when we are heading down the toilet.' 

He probably did problem is I presume those targets won't be wanting to join in the current state the club is in.

• Like 1

I would have thought he would have had a plan a targets - we are still in this lets try and battle out of it

and plan b targets - we are down lets get some people in to help us build

If , of course, spending is being allowed this month.

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Garde being the key here. I don't want anymore of Rielly's Football Manager database signings.

As much potential as these guys have we need the manager now to be choosing his players.

Pretty much the same as it's always been then.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:
44 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

How many loans can we have if we get rid of the liverpool reject back to them.

I honestly believe the best option is to get in 2-3 top loan signings in on big money for 6 months, the likes of Remy who arent getting game time at their clubs and want to put themselves in he frame for the euro's. 

That way they are getting their game time with the effort being put in and we might get a run going that gives us some creditably as we have 3 top players.  We also arent lumbered with high wages when we go down.  Win Win for both parites

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but this sums up Collymore completely...

He said: “Why not now release players on big contracts, or [sell] for a very low fee.

"I’m thinking of people like N’Zogbia - let him go for a couple of million and get him off the wage bill.

Eerrr.... do you think we've been holding out for £10m for him or something Mr.Collymore?! Let him go for a couple of million? Who the feck is going to buy him for a couple of million?

Would be money down the drain, with nothing to show for it. No survival, no resale. No chance.

The only rules that teams need to abide by concern the number of domestic players they are allowed to loan in, which is limited to four in one season, two at any one time and one from a specific club.

Ok.. so we have had Illori on loan and sent back. We can use up to 3 loans? Debuchy Remy and Austin would be nice. Austin is on a free.. but QPR would accept a fee so they wont lose him for nothing. Problem with him he is off contract. What if we offered a very large loan fee of 4-5 million till the end of the season. That way he is still off contract at the end of the season if we went down. If we stayed up due to him and Remy we can them offer new deals for the season after. 

---------------------------Mandanda------------------------

Debuchy--------Richards-------Okore--------Cissohko

--------------------------Toulalan---------------------------

--------------Inler--------------Veretout/Gueye-----------

----------------------------Gil/Ayew-------------------------

-----------------Remy------------Austin or (Afobe)-----

Feel free to mix and match some player signings.. it would definitely give us a chance of winning alot more games.. worth a go trying to stay up. If we can win 3-4 in a row with that team then you never know. Some players may not be available (probably all of them) but if w ecan make some smart signings in the positions we require.. then you never know..

Worth a go. I hope we dont just give up. Use the loan system wisely. Thats our best bet of getting a quality player. If we go down they can go back to their clubs. So risk free for them.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1