Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Leicester sign 21-year old Ghanaian Daniel Amartey, who has played 6 games for Ghana so far but we can't sign a Croatian goalkeeper with a similar level of experience.

We'd probably fail to get a work permit for Rob Green. Although that would be a blessing.

I guess they can argue that as he has 6 caps at 22 years old, I assume most of which came in the past year or two, he has more potential than a 25 year old who has played a couple of matches over a long period.  Coming from Ghana, he most likely speaks a good standard of English too.

53 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I guess they can argue that as he has 6 caps at 22 years old, I assume most of which came in the past year or two, he has more potential than a 25 year old who has played a couple of matches over a long period.  Coming from Ghana, he most likely speaks a good standard of English too.

Possibly, but it's much harder to get a cap as a keeper than as a defender 

Flawed system is flawed

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

As a mate of mine has pointed out, I think his age has counted against him here, not just in the sense that we can't claim he's an outstanding youngster but also because at 25, he has 2 caps one of which was a friendly 2 years ago.  So he hasn't set the world alight to date and in all likelyhood won't.  We can argue that goalkeepers peak later on, and they do, but it looks like we just backed a loser this time.  Thankfully, if Sherwood is right, the committee will have plenty of names on their list and we'll be signing plan B in no time.  Right?

Rob Green it is then :(

At this stage id rather not bother at all. We'll either sign somebody who is not good enough or somebody who didn't want to come and was holding out for a better option. 

Go go to the end of the season with what we have and take it from there. 

• Like 2

Shocked the appeal process was so quick. What happened were we told he had failed and we then asked whether they were sure and they told us yes? If this potential deal is really done then I suggest it is time to look at David Bentley from Southend. We would be a step up for him and I would think we could get him for around £2m.  

• Like 2

We are better off doing loan deals for quality players. That way they can just go back to their clubs in the summer if we get relegated. We can then buy players who pushing for premier league in the championship. 

Edited by KSV

9 hours ago, KSV said:

We are better off doing loan deals for quality players. That way they can just go back to their clubs in the summer if we get relegated. We can then buy players who pushing for premier league in the championship. 

When/if we go down we wont be able to buy players "pushing for premier league" because they will be much sought after and as is usual we will not be able to compete with the other championship clubs in the transfer market.

20 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

When/if we go down we wont be able to buy players "pushing for premier league" because they will be much sought after and as is usual we will not be able to compete with the other championship clubs in the transfer market.

All the more reason it is imperative we don't waste this window. Quite a few on this board (Richard etc) said this window shouldn't be wasted and we should target the some of the highly rated championship players now so they have a taste of the premier league and can help get us straight back up and I think it's very important we do that now. What we need to do is target the likes of Lewis Cook at Leeds etc. The problem we will have in the summer is we would most likely have yet another overhaul of a squad and integrating more players yet again, we have an opportunity to start now we should start now. Supposedly Bournemouth want Cook and the fee is £5m, we should be in there even if we can't compete with Bournemouth (as depressing as that is) 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Richard said:

Club is a huge joke

Because of the work permit situation? Even though most people can't see any sane reason why he shouldn't get one on an appeal. Especially when looking at other clubs signings.