Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Yet another reminder that our failure to sign obvious targets has left this club floundering.

• Austin
  • Afobe

you could'nt write the script.....so many missed opportunities, squandered.

we have the likes of Butland under our noses.....it's heartbreaking the ineptitude.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Failure to sign Austin in the summer has relegated us, with him, we wouldn't be this far adrift. Great going transfer committee. 

Maybe somebody like Austin wouldn't take a relegation wage cut clause in his contract. Maybe we wouldn't pay his wages.

Just now, DK82 said:

Maybe somebody like Austin wouldn't take a relegation wage cut clause in his contract. Maybe we wouldn't pay his wages.

Maybe so, but this sort of 'maybe' decision making has cost us our place in the premier league, so maybe not so smart going.

• Like 2

I keep changing what I think the biggest priority is.

At the moment it is overwhelmingly a striker.

Even a not very good one would be better than nothing, just so we actually have some choice.

Edited by Stevo985

I can understand the reluctance to splash the cash but honestly these past 4/5 games he has surely deserved some backing from the club?

Certainly needs help and needs to get in his own players but whilst we are still cut adrift it's hard but not impossible in my opinion. They need to back him even if its just a striker on loan. Crouch even?

Short term loan would even do so the rebuild can commence in the summer. I didn't want to do short term but things are really desperate now.

A striker is an absolute must now.

Edited by dudevillaisnice
  • Like 1

Striker is a must, but to be fair no one but possibly Messi would have helped today as our striker was completely isolated.

We need a new CM and better overall movement if are going to score on a consistent basis