Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Surely spending £10M or under on a striker won't damage the club that much, if it turns out we get relegated. To not do anything at all seems neglectful. We'd might be four points closer to safety if something had have been done before Leicester.

Surely spending £10M or under on a striker won't damage the club that much, if it turns out we get relegated. To not do anything at all seems neglectful. We'd might be four points closer to safety if something had have been done before Leicester.

We would have to find a striker willing to come, but you'd have thought £8-10m is worth the risk given how much we are set to lose anyway. Drop in the ocean, particularly as we will need to find one in the summer regardless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We would have to find a striker willing to come, but you'd have thought £8-10m is worth the risk given how much we are set to lose anyway. Drop in the ocean, particularly as we will need to find one in the summer regardless.

Championship teams will spend £8-10m on a striker anyway

Championship teams will spend £8-10m on a striker anyway

Exactly. It's not ready finding such a player in January, but perhaps that lad at Blackburn finally wants away? I know he's not playing well at the minute, because Lambert, but would be worth a punt from our perspective IMO.

Re Nixon's exclusive tomorrow, my money is on loic remy, nobody else in for him yet plus Garde knows him.

That would be sensational. Especially if he genuinely wants to come here and put himself in the window. Perfect for our needs.

I assume he's still not getting a game?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Surely we can find one on loan at least, there are plenty over europe who won't be playing for various reasons and will need games for the euros.

In our present state this won't be our last 0-0 of the season. A new striker may be the difference and win us those games 1-0, it's worth a shot at least surely?

For the board to decide to do nothing, well they would deserve all abuse in the world at the next fans meet up.

Just now, Ingram85 said:

**** it. Get the Lolley in. Passion, cheap, knows where the goal is and can't be worse than gestede.

Just signed a contract extension with Huddersfield so he'd cost a little bit more

(although I tweeted that to him and he laughed about it, which I'm basically taking as "the deal is already done, see you in the summer")

I had no idea about the Nixon exclusive. I remember reading that he knows the English agent who represents a few of our French players. So maybe his story involves another one. Which is fine by me, as long as we're try to do something.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That would be sensational. Especially if he genuinely wants to come here and put himself in the window. Perfect for our needs.

Not sure - am getting my hopes up because Nixon saying we'll get what we need - must be something of substance. Suppose there's always Austin.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He played the other week.

Chelsea won't let him go. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Just signed a contract extension with Huddersfield so he'd cost a little bit more

(although I tweeted that to him and he laughed about it, which I'm basically taking as "the deal is already done, see you in the summer")

Let's hope it's a 'Delph special'.