Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, sne said:

Was a shooting in Oslo Norway last night where a group of civilians overpowered the shooter and subdued him. Sadly at least 2 people died and something like 20 were injured before they did.

Guy was targeting a gay bar apparently and they are treating it like terrorism. Guy is in custody.

Pretty crazy video and those guys are braver than I think I would have been.

Absolutely gut wrenching. The Pride parade due to take place in Oslo today was subsequently cancelled as a result of this word removed’s actions of blind hatred and intolerance. 

• Like 1

On 25/06/2022 at 16:47, El Zen said:

Absolutely gut wrenching. The Pride parade due to take place in Oslo today was subsequently cancelled as a result of this word removed’s actions of blind hatred and intolerance. 

And here’s how Oslo’s football ultras feel about it: 

(Couldn’t work out how to embed, sorry.) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I find it strange,  ban Abortions but let everyone kill each other with guns.

I don't understand.  If they cared about life then why the guns? It makes no sense to me.

‘cos guns make America safer that’s why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I find it strange,  ban Abortions but let everyone kill each other with guns.

I don't understand.  If they cared about life then why the guns? It makes no sense to me.

As George Carlin once said:

“They’re all in favor of the unborn”, they will do anything for the unborn. But once you’re born, you’re on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don’t want to know about you!”

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

As George Carlin once said:

“They’re all in favor of the unborn”, they will do anything for the unborn. But once you’re born, you’re on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don’t want to know about you!”

"...until you reach military age... Conservatives want live babies so that they can raise them to be dead soldiers"

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Its a bit of a pyramid scheme I suppose.  

That's the Egyptians and free labour you're thinking about.

EDIT: Ah, that's what you meant wasn't it?

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

That's the Egyptians and free labour you're thinking about.

EDIT: Ah, that's what you meant wasn't it?

A myth that the pyramids were built by slaves FYI

It was more like Bournville

https://www.sciencefocus.com/science/were-the-egyptian-pyramids-built-by-slaves/

Contrary to popular belief, it wasn’t slaves who built the pyramids. We know this because archaeologists have located the remains of a purpose-built village for the thousands of workers who built the famous Giza pyramids, nearly 4,500 years ago.

• Thanks 1

Another six dead as someone shoots up a 4th of July parade in Highland Park, IL. 

The suspected shooter, a young white male, is apparently still on the loose. 

Edited by El Zen

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Another six dead as someone shoots up a 4th of July parade in Highland Park, IL. 

The worlds media are having a think whether only 6 dead is a big news story or just a regular day in the US of A.

It's probably time to just call it what it is. It's a war zone. The country is at war with itself. Some of it is random spasms of gun violence, but it is increasingly shaded by politics. The killer today is a Trump fanatic apparently.  Highland Park is a liberal town with a large Jewish population. A tempting target for a MAGA killer. He probably thought he'd be a hero like Rittenhouse. Why wouldn't he think that? What I fear now is an armed Lefty shooting up a group of Right wingers and then an increasing tit for tat. There is a photo out there of an elderly man at the parade with his entire head blown apart and a massive pool of blood.Children witnessed it. People running for their lives. "Freedom".

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

Â