Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

CNN reporting it now. FFS

Video of the parents running to the school to find out if their kids are still alive.

Glad I’m not watching that. Harrowing thought. 

Being both a father and a teacher, these things really get to me.

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Me too mate. My kids at pre-school right now.

I'm actually sitting here in floods of tears to be honest.

I completely get that. I try to keep it at arms length and will avoid the news for the rest of the night, or I’d be crying with you. 

At least I’m lucky enough to live in a country where I don’t feel I have to seriously worry about it happening here and can actually drop my son off at school every day and not have that thought cross my mind. 

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

Psycho Twitter is delighted that he’s hispanic

Guns don’t kill people, different looking people do.

14 children aged between 5 and 11. There are no words are there. You just have to hope they knew little about it and didn't spend any time scared but that is probably wishful thinking. I can't even begin to imagine what their parents are going through. 

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, El Zen said:

At least I’m lucky enough to live in a country where I don’t feel I have to seriously worry about it happening here and can actually drop my son off at school every day

Anders Breivik.  :(

Just now, a m ole said:

The general theme seems to be that the Libs ™️ cant blame white people now and that’s a win in their book

F***ed up society. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Anders Breivik.  :(

Oh, believe me that name crossed my mind as I typed that paragraph. 

Very, very much a one off, though. 

• Like 1

Madness. It’s just all so sad, horrifying, maddening, needless and frustratingly on the whole, completely avoidable. One hell of a messed up country in a messed up world. 

19 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Cowardice act. Shame the gunman is dead, he/she had a easy way out, too easy

Yeah I wish the police could somehow apprehend these words removed and give them proper justice rather than killing them.  It's so sad, I just don't get how even the most unhinged people can shoot dead elementary school kids.  It can't even be a final extreme act of revenge of a bullied and abused kid going berserk on his classmates.  Sadder to think that nothing will be done.  I've already heard the 'this kid didn't follow the murder laws, no way he would follow tighter gun laws' bollocks.  There will always be murderous bastards in the world, even over here, but they can do far less damage with a knife for example than any type of gun which realistically nobody can stop before multiple fatalities.  Tbh I don't even know why I bothered typing that out it's so **** obvious.

• Like 2

Hopefully the words removed are brave enough to accept it has happened this time, and the grieving parents aren't harassed like the Sandy Hook ones were (and are).

Hopeless society. Rotten to the **** core. Built on bloody violence. Will collapse under the weight of it's own bloody violence. The chickens are home to roost. The America you thought you knew or hoped we could be is over. It's all over. 

On a work trip out of town right now and all I want to do is hug my kids.  Absolutely heartbreaking.  I'm devastated for the families.

It's all been said before and it feels hopeless. 

Looking at the rest of the G7, Germany, France, Italy and Canada all have firearms laws that make ownership accessible.  Japan is more strict, as is the UK, but it's not like there aren't any guns there.  Those six nations combined had 5 school shootings between 2009 and 2018.  That is a tragic and horrific number.

The USA had 288.

I get that there's no political path to a full firearms ban in the US, but how can that number not be ringing alarm bells for everyone in the US?  Surely there has to be a middle ground where mentally ill teenagers can't lay their hands on an AR-15?

• Sad 1

Â