Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

14 hours ago, AJ said:

John Oliver explaining Murica"s new  Stand Your Ground laws. 

This is some disturbing shit.

The Stand Your Ground movement started, if memory serves me correctly (and I'm sure who can be arsed to google it will!) when someone was walking down the street and saw someone breaking into their car. They shouted and the person didn't stop so they shot them. The lawyer argued that the "castle" theory applied not just to your home but also your vehicle. That your vehicle was also psychologically  a domicile or 'safe space' (oh the irony.) Then the floodgates opened once that happened and now you can shoot anyone anywhere if they take too long in a public toilet.

Of course it was all started in good ol' Florida though !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The Stand Your Ground movement started, if memory serves me correctly (and I'm sure who can be arsed to google it will!) when someone was walking down the street and saw someone breaking into their car. They shouted and the person didn't stop so they shot them. The lawyer argued that the "castle" theory applied not just to your home but also your vehicle. That your vehicle was also psychologically  a domicile or 'safe space' (oh the irony.) Then the floodgates opened once that happened and now you can shoot anyone anywhere if they take too long in a public toilet.

Of course it was all started in good ol' Florida though !!

So, they have pretty much gone full circle from the days of the Old West?

Touch my car, that's a shootin'. Disagree with me on how much a dog should weigh, I put a bullet in ya. The colour of your skin makes me feel frightened, so here is a new hole for ya. And if you think I am doing the wrong thing or breakin' any laws, I have a magazine full of lead biscuits that might disagree with ya.

Civilised country my ass.

Edited by AJ

6 hours ago, AJ said:

Touch my car, that's a shootin'. Disagree with me on how much a dog should weigh, I put a bullet in ya. The colour of your skin makes me feel frightened, so here is a new hole for ya. And if you think I am doing the wrong thing or breakin' any laws, I have a magazine full of lead biscuits that might disagree with ya.

Whats all this crap about needing an excuse to shoot someone ?!

We're so free here. You guys don't know complete liberty until your citizenry is awash in high powered firearms. Some states are so free, we don't even need training to use these weapons! 

18 hours ago, AJ said:

John Oliver explaining Murica"s new  Stand Your Ground laws. 

This is some disturbing shit.

Unreal.

Said it before, will say it constantly forever, the country is a **** mess.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Unreal.

Said it before, will say it constantly forever, the country is a **** mess.

It's one of the worst countries in the world. I've loved visiting and when I was younger wanted to move there but **** me it's just utterly awful in so many ways. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's one of the worst countries in the world. I've loved visiting and when I was younger wanted to move there but **** me it's just utterly awful in so many ways. 

I unfortunately have to agree with you pal. The bad thing is that a lot of my fellow Americans don't see a lot of things over here being a real bad issue as basically every other person around the world, does.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I guess there are definitions of ‘accident’.

Taking a gun to a party type accident, would be one definition.

Yep, there’s quite an easy way to avoid that type of “accident”.

• 4 weeks later...

_121979378_hi072412778.jpg

A US congressman has faced a barrage of criticism after he posted a Christmas photograph of his family posing with military-style rifles, just days after a deadly school shooting. 

Kentucky's Republican representative, Thomas Massie, tweeted the photo with the caption: "Merry Christmas! ps. Santa, please bring ammo".

The post has been condemned by a host of families affected by gun violence, plus figures on both sides of politics.

I will never understand this obsession with firearms that the US has. 

The BBC

• Shocked 1

if some bloke was rummaging through your cupboards at 2am are you seriously ever going to open up on him with a light machine gun?

if you're out in the woods with bambi down the sights are you using that?

so what is it for? oh yeah, if biden is a naughty boy your man here can march down washington with it and take on that army that they wake up every morning and celebrate as being the best in the world... joke of a country 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if some bloke was rummaging through your cupboards at 2am are you seriously ever going to open up on him with a light machine gun?

if you're out in the woods with bambi down the sights are you using that?

so what is it for? oh yeah, if biden is a naughty boy your man here can march down washington with it and take on that army that they wake up every morning and celebrate as being the best in the world... joke of a country 

I was thinking similar, what are you going to do with a machine gun apart from have photos with it?

I wonder how many people get killed by their own firearms, I bet it’s a lot. 

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was thinking similar, what are you going to do with a machine gun apart from have photos with it?

I wonder how many people get killed by their own firearms, I bet it’s a lot. 

or he's got it to protect himself and his family from america's enemies

the fact that they seemingly have more enemies than a sierra leone village chief is lost on them

Â