Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

It wasn’t in the report I linked but in another the principle said 

"This is the worst nightmare any school district could ever face," said Martin. "We prepare for it and we're never truly ready for it."

A middle school has to prepare for one of its students doing a mass shooting. What a **** up country.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

It wasn’t in the report I linked but in another the principle said 

"This is the worst nightmare any school district could ever face," said Martin. "We prepare for it and we're never truly ready for it."

A middle school has to prepare for one of its students doing a mass shooting. What a **** up country.

Have you seen the way they prepare for these situations?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Apparently 3 states in the US allow execution by firing squad! South Carolina is poised to become state number 4, in the year 2021!

"The state House voted 66-43 Wednesday on legislation that would allow death row inmates to choose between being shot or electrocuted if lethal injection drugs aren't available. The state is one of nine that still use the electric chair and will become the fourth to use firing squads. 

The state Senate approved the bill in March. After another routine vote in the House, the bill will head to the desk of Republican Gov. Henry McMaster, who said he will sign it. "

https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-carolina-firing-squads-executions

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, villakram said:

Apparently 3 states in the US allow execution by firing squad! South Carolina is poised to become state number 4, in the year 2021!

"The state House voted 66-43 Wednesday on legislation that would allow death row inmates to choose between being shot or electrocuted if lethal injection drugs aren't available. The state is one of nine that still use the electric chair and will become the fourth to use firing squads. 

The state Senate approved the bill in March. After another routine vote in the House, the bill will head to the desk of Republican Gov. Henry McMaster, who said he will sign it. "

Speirs-2.jpeg

6 hours ago, villakram said:

Apparently 3 states in the US allow execution by firing squad! 

I think the reality of the statistics is far more than that allow execution by firing squad. They just cut out the judge n jury stage.

• Like 4

On 07/05/2021 at 16:23, villakram said:

On 07/05/2021 at 16:23, villakram said:

My cousin wrote a classic song that is sang in Celtic park since covered by rod Stewart called Grace, it might feel along time ago but it's only a few generations for many of us, mad to think this kind of thing still goes on

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Live Updates: 8 people killed, suspect dead in San Jose shooting

Eight people were killed in a shooting Wednesday morning at a light rail facility in San Jose, California, and the suspect is also dead, authorities said. The suspect was an employee of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA), which operates the rail yard, officials said.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office, which is located next door to the transportation hub and maintenance yard, received multiple 911 calls for shots fired around 6:34 a.m. The VTA said employees were evacuated.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/san-jose-shooting-2021-05-26/

8 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

My county.   It's not just the redneck, right-wing, gun nut areas that are seeing this shit.   It's everywhere now.

Sweden is actually 2nd in Europe (behind Croatia) when it comes to gun violence and deadly shootings which might be a bit surprising. It's almost exclusively gang and drug related thou with criminals killing criminals.

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

My county.   It's not just the redneck, right-wing, gun nut areas that are seeing this shit.   It's everywhere now.

Which one of americas enemies was he saving you from? 

Edit - that sounds more like someone going postal, shot up his own workplace, mental health and probably depression issues that might not have been there when he passed any checks and legally purchased a gun, maybe a study more in how checks won't solve the problem 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Which one of americas enemies was he saving you from? 

Edit - that sounds more like someone going postal, shot up his own workplace, mental health and probably depression issues that might not have been there when he passed any checks and legally purchased a gun, maybe a study more in how checks won't solve the problem 

Yup.

As much as people like to take the piss out of America, I can't imagine things being much different in any other country which such free form gun laws. 

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Yup.

As much as people like to take the piss out of America, I can't imagine things being much different in any other country which such free form gun laws. 

I disagree.   I think the US's history as young nation formed after firearms were already on the scene, combined with a vast, unsettled (by Europeans) wild frontier embedded guns as a part of the culture from the start.  As urbanization took hold, guns were there all along, and there's still a lot of rural areas where hunting and guns are part of life from childhood.   I don't think lax gun laws in other countries would necessarily result in everyone going out and arming themselves to anywhere near the levels we see here.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sne said:

Sweden is actually 2nd in Europe (behind Croatia) when it comes to gun violence and deadly shootings which might be a bit surprising. It's almost exclusively gang and drug related thou with criminals killing criminals.

Never knew those Volvo driving, blond haired, blue eyed Swedes would be into such violence. 

• Haha 1

Â