The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Perhaps Brendan Clarke Smith can help out with the food crisis.

Brendan Clarke Stew. Brendan Clarke Steak. Brendan Clarke Stroganoff.

You could have Bubble Clarke Squeek with whatever is left of him.

35 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Reckon he's in a suit because he's the guest of some major polluter or something

This guy has claimed expenses totalling £258,000 in the last year.

As a variation on something I saw earlier.

If I was stuck on a desert island with Brendan Clarke Smith and a tin of corned beef, I’d eat Brendan Clarke Smith and talk to the corned beef.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

This guy has claimed expenses totalling £258,000 in the last year.

Stop it, most of an MPs expenses are the parliamentary staff they employ

It happens all the time now, as soon as a Tory MP says something twitter looks up his expenses, then quotes it in replies, without thinking thats' five peoples wagesor however many he employs

By all means have a go at MPs expenses because they've scammed the people out of money for something stupid but don't just quote the bottom line, because the bottom line always looks huge

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Stop it, most of an MPs expenses are the parliamentary staff they employ

It happens all the time now, as soon as a Tory MP says something twitter looks up his expenses, then quotes it in replies, without thinking thats' five peoples wagesor however many he employs

By all means have a go at MPs expenses because they've scammed the people out of money for something stupid but don't just quote the bottom line, because the bottom line always looks huge

It was in the comments on twitter, I didn’t bother to do any digging :D 

Saying that, I bet a fair amount of that is food, drink, appliances, refurbishment of his houses, clothes and such like that l any normal person can’t claim for.

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It was in the comments on twitter, I didn’t bother to do any digging :D 

Saying that, I bet a fair amount of that is food, drink, appliances, refurbishment of his houses, clothes and such like that l any normal person can’t claim for.

@bickster's point is completely correct though. 

After the expenses scandal, all MPs, from all parties claim for the salary and pension of a couple of parliamentary researchers, the hire of a constituency office and its costs and a bit of travel / sustenance. 

Henry Q Thrumpington (CON, Gilead East) isn't claiming for stable heating anymore, and it undermines all the terrible shit that they can legitimately be criticised for by using that as your argument. 

Edited by ml1dch

Bringing back imperial measurements is just the most ridiculously stupid thing. For so many reasons.

And sadly he knows that. but he knows the throbbing gammons that vote for him will lap it up.

He'll be bringing back bendy bananas soon

2 hours ago, choffer said:

Can’t wait until next week when he announces the return of Opal Fruits

He's not always wrong, the individual lemon and lime flavours went from the best two to the worst flavour when combined to chisel blackcurrant flavour into the pack when they could just have got rid of the orange

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Bringing back imperial measurements is just the most ridiculously stupid thing. For so many reasons.

And sadly he knows that. but he knows the throbbing gammons that vote for him will lap it up.

He'll be bringing back bendy bananas soon

The EU said back in 2007 or 2008 that we could use imperial measurements, so long as this measurement didn't become more widely used than the metric system. This is not a "Brexit Benefit". The media should be calling Bunter out on this.

Also, I grew up with the metric system. I'm really not sure what the real benefits of returning to the imperial system are?!

39 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Also, I grew up with the metric system. I'm really not sure what the real benefits of returning to the imperial system are?!

Same as blue passports. Absolutely pointless, but it gives some people a semi when they get to pretend it's the olden days and we still have an empire.

• Like 1

It's a dead cat which neatly doubles up as a fake Brexit benefit, in case that needed to be pointed out

• We drink pints
  • Our speed limits are set to miles per hour
  • We report our weight in stones and pounds, height in feet, lengths of other things in inches

Merits of imperial vs. metric to one side, what is this actually going to impact

Does it mean that schools will have to teach imperial weights and measures? There's at least one generation of teachers who've never learned it, let alone taught it. 

What next, Pounds, Shillings and Pence? 

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The EU said back in 2007 or 2008 that we could use imperial measurements, so long as this measurement didn't become more widely used than the metric system. This is not a "Brexit Benefit". The media should be calling Bunter out on this.

I know. That was my point really. Those are both reasons why it’s stupid. We could have done it anyway, and it’s not as good. 

He’ll be de-decimalising the pound soon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

He's not always wrong, the individual lemon and lime flavours went from the best two to the worst flavour when combined to chisel blackcurrant flour into the pack when they could just have got rid of the orange

Have a like for lemon and lime being the best flavours although despite being unnecessary I don’t think the combined flavour is the worst.  Red is always the worst.

Â