The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

More levelling-up:

Hold on... so if i fail my Maths GCSE because my home life has issues (say maybe not able to pay for food AND heating), but then things improve, i retake my Maths GCSE and get an A, go onto A-levels and get 3 A's... then i can't go to uni because 3 years ago my family couldn't afford their bills and it affected me in my studies.

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think Beth might be referring to a proposal from earlier in the year. Unless I missed it, I don't think it has been passed. 

You are indeed correct. It’s a proposal at this stage. Should have checked that before posting. 

Just now, choffer said:

You are indeed correct. It’s a proposal at this stage. Should have checked that before posting. 

It's still a terrible proposal. 

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It's still a terrible proposal. 

The intent is clear. Cannot have the oiks attending our prestigious educational establishments. I've even heard that someone from a council estate got in to Oxford at one point. This madness has to stop!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

My feeling is, they are just going to let him take all the flack, then 8 months before the next GE they will get rid and do what they always do: “look, we are the good guys, we won’t make the sake mistakes as the last lot” 

Yeah, I think that's a possibility.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

Has Rishi just found the magic money tree again?

Turns out it was hidden under the Sue Gray report. As soon as they picked that up to release it, boom there was the good old money tree. Pure coincidence. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Also, did any of the party creators of attendees get any kind of disciplinary action outside of a £50 penalty?

Did their employer give them any formal warnings about completely inappropriate behaviour?

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Turns out it was hidden under the Sue Gray report. As soon as they picked that up to release it, boom there was the good old money tree. Pure coincidence. 

regardless of why it will be a welcome boost to those who are struggling the most, which is the important thing

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

regardless of why it will be a welcome boost to those who are struggling the most, which is the important thing

I agree 100% but now let's say thanks for begrudgingly partially doing your job and do what they continually ask us to do and move on. Not the direction they want us to though but straight back to focusing on the proven lying bastard we have running the country.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I agree, but it could and should have been announced much sooner but they wanted to save it as a distraction to the SG report conclusion.

But what about investment in innovation?

Amazing what's possible when there's a scandal to cover up. It's a decent package, and something was desperately needed, but the motivation **** reeks. They were perfectly content to let people struggle until the polls made it clear it was time for a bribe.

• Like 1

Maybe someone can correct me if i’m wrong, but I thought that within the breakdown of my gas & electric bill is a portion of money that is allocated for investment in technologies, environment and such? Is that still the case?

If so then the claim from Boris that a windfall tax might cause a reluctance to invest is complete bollocks (surprise).

Money for investments comes from the consumers. Profits are separate.

Edited by Genie

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

But what about investment in innovation?

Amazing what's possible when there's a scandal to cover up. It's a decent package, and something was desperately needed, but the motivation **** reeks. They were perfectly content to let people struggle until the polls made it clear it was time for a bribe.

Such a cynical response. As Mr Sunak just said, he was waiting on information before deciding the best course of action. I mean, this obviously wasn't mentioned when they voted on a windfall tax last week but I'm sure it was a genuine oversight. ;)

Â