The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

47 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've worked in the fashion industry for over 20 years and I have absolutely no idea where someone would go to buy those clothes.

Or why they'd go there.

I’ve seen similar in Build a Bear.

• Haha 2

It's only right to say goodbye to leaving colleagues but it's not allowed to say goodbye to dead or dying relatives? Yeah, **** off. This might be the worst thing he's ever done, which is saying something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It's only right to say goodbye to leaving colleagues but it's not allowed to say goodbye to dead or dying relatives? Yeah, **** off. This might be the worst thing he's ever done, which is saying something.

yet…

It’s still driving me mental that they’re passing things off as “work events”

That it was ok to have these gatherings because it was basically a farewell gathering for a colleague. 

Nobody else was allowed to have these. Work events were not allowed. 

It boils my piss

• Like 2

Boris is very proud to have delivered Brexit, the will of the people.

The will of even more of the people today is for him to **** off. But he hangs around like a bad smell.

People died alone, their loved ones unable to spend their final moments comforting them and saying their goodbyes.

People couldn't attend funerals, the few that could couldn't mix with the others paying their respects and share the burden of their grief.

People set aside the basic rhythm of life, for the greater good.

The government turned Downing Street into a private member's only night club. We are expected to do nothing about it but forget.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s still driving me mental that they’re passing things off as “work events”

That it was ok to have these gatherings because it was basically a farewell gathering for a colleague. 

Nobody else was allowed to have these. Work events were not allowed. 

It boils my piss

They rely on people have terrible memories.  Similar to when they passed off sending the covid positive people back into care homes because they they “didn’t know” about asymptomatic transmission at the time. 

• Like 2

And now it appears that the SG report was edited between her delivering it and it being published. How do they not realise that people will see this? I guess they just don’t care. Whatever the scandal, they’ll just ride it out. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Genie said:

There must be something else? They can’t just get away with this can they?

I think their best chance of getting way with it would be Boris going, and I don't know why anyone wants that to happen. He's a dead man walking going into the election among all but the most hardcore Tory voters so I think the best outcome (both for country and even the Tory party) is he keeps weathering scandal after scandal and then proceeds to gets annihilated in the election.

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

They rely on people have terrible memories.  Similar to when they passed off sending the covid positive people back into care homes because they they “didn’t know” about asymptomatic transmission at the time. 

This is why they use the tactic of bombarding us with news and info once a bad story breaks. Tonnes of different releases, tonnes of different news from different sources. They want to bury the stuff that’ll bring them down.

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think their best chance of getting way with it would be Boris going, and I don't know why anyone wants that to happen. He's a dead man walking going into the election among all but the most hardcore Tory voters so I think the best outcome (both for country and even the Tory party) is he keeps weathering scandal after scandal and then proceeds to gets annihilated in the election.

My feeling is, they are just going to let him take all the flack, then 8 months before the next GE they will get rid and do what they always do: “look, we are the good guys, we won’t make the sake mistakes as the last lot” 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Ideal scenario is 54 letters go in (53 with a couple of by-election defeats) and he then narrowly wins the no-confidence vote.

Authority destroyed in his party, no chance of resignation, no mechanism for his removal, further infecting their shitty brand with every passing day.

• Like 4

I’m torn because I know on the medium to long term him being there harms them more. 

The problem is I absolutely hate the idea that he is doing what he’s doing and getting away with it. It sets an awful example and trust is lost not only in politicians but he’s also dragged the police down with him.

• Like 1

Â