The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

You don’t know who they are, but they exist all around us thus proving my point

No, they don't exist in my circle of friends and aquaintances. I've met some of the more vocal ones in the cab, never met one that wasn't a Representative for Wellingborough

My point is that you can't base the wider public on your own social circles, we gravitate to like minded souls

Going back to the original point, you don't get shifts like we're currently seeing in polling because voters suddenly became Shy Tories. If Brexit did teach us anything about voting intentions and their tribal nature, it's that people tend to stubbirnly stick to their tribe despite them deep down knowing the evidence stacks up against them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

At least one Tory gets it.

I think deep down they all get it even Mad Nad but they'll fall one of three ways

1. Defend it to the hilt regardless because it's a good look internally to be seen kicking the cat around
  2. Hide under a rock and say nothing (the vast majority)
  3. Say something and be a Tory pariah until Johnson's gone

I think group three will slowly become larger with every lunatic dead cat story that appears

The general public will see through this one just like they've already seen through the new cost of living help, which again was desperation because they wanted to announce it much later. Now they've announced it early and had to jump through hoops to pretend it isn't the same as Labour policy and a policy they voted against only last week it's had minimal impact because it's been seen as exactly what it is

Quite happy to have Johnson in charge for a good while yet. Though any more polling like the normally Tory biased YouGov one and things may take move much more quickly than I'd want

Oh and for once Imperial Measures being brought back is definitely a dead cat

• Like 1

So, if I'm not mistaken, and it's hard to keep track, we wake up this morning to see:

- As per the Sunday Times, texts were shared with Sue Gray and the Met proving there was an illegal party hosted by Carrie Johnson, but went un-investigated

- No10 got an early version of the Sue Gray report and heavily redacted it, removing names, and detail

Cool.

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

At least the Sue Gray report has drawn a line under it.

The Sunday times must have James Bond working for them. Uncovering evidence that the police nor Sue Gray can obtain.m given unlimited time and resources.

20 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

So, if I'm not mistaken, and it's hard to keep track, we wake up this morning to see:

- As per the Sunday Times, texts were shared with Sue Gray and the Met proving there was an illegal party hosted by Carrie Johnson, but went un-investigated

- No10 got an early version of the Sue Gray report and heavily redacted it, removing names, and detail

Cool.

True, but, most importantly, let’s move on and Starmer is also under investigation.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

True, but, most importantly, let’s move on and Starmer is also under investigation.

Lessons have been learnt. Just be thankful Vladimir Corbyn isn't in power.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Lessons have been learnt. Just be thankful Vladimir Corbyn isn't in power.

oh, and Starmer wanted to block the (incredibly shit, problematic, desperately needing reforming) Brexit deal.

Imagine that. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just be thankful Vladimir Corbyn isn't in power.

I am. I'm not of the opinion he'd have been any better, in some respects much worse

An example of this is Ukraine, there's absolutely no way Comrade C would have delivered the NLAW to Ukraine and at such speed, he'd have still been circulating a petition and talking about talking right now oh and blaming NATO and peddling other Russian propaganda about NATO instigating the Euromaiden Coup (as he'd done for a considerable number of years)

This doesn't mean the Tories are remotely right

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I am. I'm not of the opinion he'd have been any better, in some respects much worse

An example of this is Ukraine, there's absolutely no way Comrade C would have delivered the NLAW to Ukraine and at such speed, he'd have still been circulating a petition and talking about talking right now oh and blaming NATO and peddling other Russian propaganda about NATO instigating the Euromaiden Coup (as he'd done for a considerable number of years)

This doesn't mean the Tories are remotely right

I 100% agree Corbyn would have been against the war and would have at best delayed sending any aid to Ukraine weapons wise.

The Russian propganda pedling however is just exactly what the Tory propaganda machine has set. 

11 minutes ago, Nicho said:

The Russian propganda pedling however is just exactly what the Tory propaganda machine has set. 

No, you are incorrect, just go back and see what Stop The War have been saying about Ukraine for years, it's not Tory propaganda

Still at it right now

The position of the west is not just prolonging the war, it is risking escalation and generating dangerous scarcities around the world

STW (May 22nd 2022)

Is NATO itching for war as it baits Russia with isolation and threats?

STW (13th April 2014)

Vladimir Putin is the latest “new Hitler” that the US and its war-making allies keep finding round the world

STW (10th March 2014)

There are pages and pages of this nonsense, which with the value of hindsight can only be viewed now as what it is. Russian propaganda. And when you realise that Comrade C's closest advisor is Seumas Milne and he has been nothing other than a Kremlin stooge for years

I recommend reading this one, nothing to do with Ukraine but the Comrade C desire to defend Russia is strong and he was leader of the Labour Party at this point with Milne at his side

Tories Claims Questioned: Doubts Voiced About Source of Salisbury Novichok

STW (16th March 2018)

Not everything is Tory Propaganda. Sometimes the Tories don't need to invent stuff. Comrade C was a gift from the gods

It's also worth noting that one of Corbyn's fellow travellers in STW is none other than George Galloway and if anyone thinks he isn't a Russian stooge, then they need their bumps felt

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

There are pages and pages of this nonsense, which with the value of hindsight can only be viewed now as what it is. Russian propaganda.

It didn’t and doesn’t need hindsight. But yeah, it’s the ramblings of a group of people for whom there is very definitely a particular, skewed, world view. A world view that places the West and the USA in particular as the root of all evil and is essentially blind to other evils.

Pretty much the whole planet is anti wars, but these people, they’re more like “stop the West”. Yes, Catweazle is very much one of them.

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

It didn’t and doesn’t need hindsight.

Well yes, badly worded by me. I meant it's more obvious to everyone in hindsight. Lots already knew but many defended the position too. I suspect the number of people now willing to defend such pronouncements is reduced by a large factor

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

No, you are incorrect, just go back and see what Stop The War have been saying about Ukraine for years, it's not Tory propaganda

Still at it right now

I dont see how Stop The War is pedling Russian propaganda? But that is my point, certain groups want you to think that they are. I dont doubt that it full of absolute crap. But being anti something doesnt make you pro the otherside. 

If anything the self imposed damage (brexit) peddled by the Tory government is exactly what Putin wanted us to do. 

Just for the record I dont think Corbyn is a saint, I do think he came close to giving the Tories a bloody nose and the tactics used to win that election (massively so) have become policy: lying, misinformation, brushing off issue and deflection.

The use of social media and news has been successful to far greater degree for the Tories, that is propaganda. 

Edited by Nicho
  • Like 1

Just now, Nicho said:

I dont see how Stop The War is pedling Russian propaganda?

Then, I'm afraid to say that you are blind. I just gave you 4 of many links I could have. Every one of those is Russian Propaganda.

1 minute ago, Nicho said:

If anything the self imposed damage (brexit) peddled by the Tory government is exactly what Putin wanted us to do. 

I agree completely. The Tory Party is and was absolutely riddled with Russian influence abd there's a noise in the back of my head that says if Johnson hadn't needed to appear Churchillian to attempt to save his saggy skin sack our response may not have been as robust as it has been but we'll never know that hypothetical

2 minutes ago, Nicho said:

The use of social media and news has been successful to far greater degree for the Tories, that is propaganda. 

Quite frankly the Labour Party's use of social media is laughably inept. Though it finally appears they are learning (see the buying of all the ad space on Conservative Home this week as an example of the improvement)

• Like 1

Â