The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

But I can't believe how much fuss is being made over a party.  We had thousands dead in nursing homes that were forced to accept COVID patients at the time of a worldwide shortage of PPE.  I despair. 

I think there are a couple of factors here. Firstly yes the death toll is a far more serious concern, but it's far easier to dismiss as "well it was an impossible position to be in, people are doing their best in unprecedented times and making the best decisions they can", how much better could it have been if different decisions were made? How much worse could it have been? Who knows. Whereas breaking their own rules, then laughing about it, is just objectively wrong. It's a much simpler conclusion to arrive at.

Secondly, even given the above, I think it'd have blown over in a couple of days if they'd fessed up, admitted to poor judgement and apologised, perhaps with some sacrificial lambs going through disciplinary procedures, they've made it much worse by doubling and tripling down on the lies.

10 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

But I can't believe how much fuss is being made over a party.  We had thousands dead in nursing homes that were forced to accept COVID patients at the time of a worldwide shortage of PPE.  I despair. 

That's exactly why the party was so unforgiveable. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Amazing that this woman can give birth to a dead cat

"Carrie’s new baby is to be named with due respect to Johnson’s love of Latin. Welcome to the world, Felis Mortis Johnson". 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I hate the Met Police.  They are the only Police Force I have worked with where the bad apples were the majority. 

The thing about 'bad apples' is that the actual proverb is 'a few bad apples spoil the barrel', which is quite amusing when you think about how the expression is actually used to try to diminish any institutional responsibility.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Even prominent Twitter Tories are turning on him...

Along with the likes of Nick Timothy, one of those people that it's thoroughly embarrassing to have to share Villa with. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Along with the likes of Nick Timothy, one of those people that it's thoroughly embarrassing to have to share Villa with. 

not sure on that, I can see a couple of very good reasons looking at her pictures section on google 

10 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

A couple of dye in the wool Tories are nothing.  I'm just about to unfollow all the Villa Facebook pages due to sheer volume of posts from the moronic anti-vaxxer "wake up" brigade.  People that hang on the every word of the likes of Paul Joseph Watson and Laurence Fox and pass it off as "doing their own research".

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

Â