The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I don't think that'll be coming across their thoughts at all. They are years from an election still. Plenty of water will pass under the bridge.

It's more likely that a few big names are making sure their knives are sharp.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Some Tory MP’s must be getting nervous that their boss is going to cost them their job and want changes at the top. 

Election is far away, but with a rise in covid cases, the party scandal, rise in the cost of living, I feel like Labour just need a couple of more punches before the house of cards starts falling down.

Of course, once they get the election, they will f it up.

We go again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Although thought to be fair to @hippo, that does still require the current majority of (technically, I believe) 79 to be turned into a majority of zero, and thus overturned.

Labour don't even need to be the party with the most seats to end up in power. Unless there is something very obvious that I'm being daft and missing here, if an election happened today and the Tories had 290 seats and Labour had 280, Starmer would be almost certainly be Prime Minister.

Yes and possibly no. Because the obvious Elephant in the Room is the SNP and I've always found it hard to think that Labour could even get into a S&C deal with them. They only want one thing and Labour won't want to give it to them.

Practically, the SNP only vote on Scottish matters but that is never taken into account with the absolute numbers

20 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Election is far away, but with a rise in covid cases, the party scandal, rise in the cost of living, I feel like Labour just need a couple of more punches before the house of cards starts falling down.

Of course, once they get the election, they will f it up.

We go again.

Labour won't win until they back down and enter a formal election agreement with the greens and lib dems  over targeting which seats for each party  in the marginals.  They just need to swallow their pride. It will take another defeat in 2023/24 for them to realise this with a new leader.

The North Shropshire by election in point the Tories will keep the seat because the anti vote will be spilt 3 ways. So we have another decade or so with this. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Labour won't win until they back down and enter a formal election agreement with the greens and lib dems  over targeting which seats for each party  in the marginals.  They just need to swallow their pride. It will take another defeat in 2023/24 for them to realise this with a new leader.

The North Shropshire by election in point the Tories will keep the seat because the anti vote will be spilt 3 ways. So we have another decade or so with this. 

Lib Dems are currently 8/13 to win next Thursday, with Labour 50/1 and the Tories odds-against. I reckon it'll still be a Tory hold, but that's where the money is going. There isn't a formal agreement in place, but it seems like they are getting their act together a bit.

It's not uncommon for by-elections, the harder thing is to try and replicate that on a wider scale at a general election. 

Edited by ml1dch

Boris has declared his full confidence communications chief Jack Doyle, after it emerged that he had spoken at last year's event.

I’m really confused about how you give full confidence to a man who was involved in an illegal party you say never happened (and have said any findings of rule breaking will be handed to the police).

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Boris has declared his full confidence communications chief Jack Doyle, after it emerged that he had spoken at last year's event.

I’m really confused about how you give full confidence to a man who was involved in an illegal party you say never happened (and have said any findings of rule breaking will be handed to the police).

Cummings is predicting that Doyle will be the sacrificial lamb in the New year but for now he has to stay

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Whilst it wasn't an 80 seat majority, Labour did gain 146 seats in 1997 so it is definitely doable. 

The only chance for that happening at the moment is if the Tories completely implode over Boris and actually split and/or the backbenchers put in a vote of no confidence. Sadly I think it is more likely they will give him the push internally, blame all of the issues on him and Labour and then pull themselves together in time for the next election. 

Teresa may went to the country with fox hunting in the manifesto ...!......and still won !

I don't see another labour victory on the horizon.

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Cummings is predicting that Doyle will be the sacrificial lamb in the New year but for now he has to stay

Is it curious that they're seeming to completely ignore Cummings occasionally wandering up and pissing on their tent. I wonder what else he's sitting on.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Teresa may went to the country with fox hunting in the manifesto ...!......and still won !

I don't see another labour victory on the horizon.

True, but the darkest hour is just before the dawn... 

On 08/12/2021 at 13:08, ml1dch said:

Guess it would be very awkward were the Prime Minister to deny that a party happened on November 13th. Only for that party to actually have been reported at the time. With apologies for The Heil link.

Wednesday lunchtime wants it's revelation back. (Edit @bickster)

Edited by ml1dch

14 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Wednesday lunchtime wants it's revelation back. (Edit @bickster)

Was posted because @Davkauswas wondering what Cummings had up his sleeve. I claim no exclusivity :mrgreen: Cummings revelation was that the other party was a red herring

By the way, that makes you a much better journalist than Owen Jones :D

(so much has happenned since Wednesday)

Â