The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

More of these:

'resigned with speed and grace'

'decent', 'talented', 'done the honourable thing'

'sincerity, honesty & integrity'

Nobody tells them what to write . . . because nobody has to.

My favourite is this one;

Somehow forgot to mention in the article that she's married to his boss...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

The Spectator podcast earlier was smashing. Three-quarters of the way through until someone said "look, I should say now that I know and like Allegra..."

Her husband was strangely absent from the recording. 

6 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Yeah he's falls short of that declaration but he does say...

(Disclosure here — I do know Allegra a bit and I like her, though I am not nearly as friendly with her as many of the people I saw publicly declaring themselves on social media to be shocked at the video.)

Also just as interesting is that he doesn't mention Sunak at all, oh no, we can't have Superman sullied by this. Stratton is still firmly tied to Johnson in that article even though really she and the Spectator are Sunakians, given that they are godpaernts to each others children etc and Sunak is much further to the right of Johnson economically (as is Stratton) but we don't want to let the public know that

31 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

There's certainly 'something telling' about 'the SW1 hive mind' that we've seen this evening, but it's probably not what he thinks is telling.

I’m almost as angry with the Met as I am the Tory’s with regard to the party. What’s this bollocks about lack of evidence? 
Why don’t they start by asking a few people if there was a party and go from there?
Check the CCTV at the location in question maybe?
An absolute piss take. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m almost as angry with the Met as I am the Tory’s with regard to the party. What’s this bollocks about lack of evidence? 
Why don’t they start by asking a few people if there was a party and go from there?
An absolute piss take. 

Maybe ask an officer who surely must record who comes and goes.

Yes ma'am, 45 people did leave at 2am and yes, I believe they all did insinuate that I was their bess mate. 

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

An absolute piss take. 

Classic Met catch 22 when it suits them. Can't investigate because of lack of evidence, has no evidence because of lack of investigation. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Considering the hands he has been dealt Boris Johnson has overall performed well in his role as PM

wow

i would maybe agree with its impossible to say the others would have done better but performed well, yeah thats a different opinion for sure!

my mom would agree with you, she loves him, its my go to when i want to wind her up, that said the xmas party stuff will be interesting, i dont think she'll be impressed with that

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

During Plebgate, the Met appeared to know what insults Ministers were uttering under their breath and released slo mo cctv.

Now they can’t spot a conga line of 35 Christmas jumpers.

They were so committed to ensuring justice was done, some of them lied about it

Strange to think isn't it, that 9 years ago, insulting a policeman was a resigning matter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Considering the hands he has been dealt Boris Johnson has overall performed well in his role as PM

What other factors are you considering other than covid as the hands he's been dealt? Brexit can't be one, he helped manufacture that. The worst pandemic in generations certainly isn't an easy time to lead, but do you think he'd have been less corrupt and less dishonest if it hadn't been for covid?

• Thanks 1

I hate the Met Police.  They are the only Police Force I have worked with where the bad apples were the majority.  But.....onto my point.  

The Police are in a hilarious no win situation with the Number 10 Party.   As we all know Number 10 is under constant Police Guard.  Is it credible that this party took place without raising any suspicion from the officers on site?  Or were they told to turn a blind eye?  I think we can all guess.  

If this was investigated (and it damn well should be) I don't see how the Met can do so.  At the very minimum they were grossly negligent.  They were more likely corrupt.  

But I can't believe how much fuss is being made over a party.  We had thousands dead in nursing homes that were forced to accept COVID patients at the time of a worldwide shortage of PPE.  I despair. 

Â