Aston Villa Home Support

Gary Thomas

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What people aren't realising is it was 25 quid to sit anywhere in the ground for first two games.

Yesterday was 35 quid in most parts which was bonkers given the time of day.

We won't get close to 40k crowds with that pricing.

It was £28 in the Holte 

On 08/08/2016 at 14:17, Wainy316 said:

Elphwick must really value fan support.  He kept rousing our fans up every time we had a corner.

True,  most players couldn't hold a candle to him. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

What people aren't realising is it was 25 quid to sit anywhere in the ground for first two games.

Yesterday was 35 quid in most parts which was bonkers given the time of day.

We won't get close to 40k crowds with that pricing.

Yeah whoever is collaborating the price banding structures needs to have a rethink, 90% of fans are only bothered paying over the odds for West Midlands derby's and couldn't give a rat's ass about East Midlands derby's, You could throw Newcastle in there but don't even bother pricing the Norwich game like it's Real Madrid.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2

Plenty of booing after the equaliser and at full time tonight and a lot of frustration with how deep we were sitting in the second half. I think everyone sensed an equaliser was on the cards.

It is a rel shame that we haven't had a more positive start. When we beat Rotherham the place was buzzing and even against Huddersfield the atmosphere was great. Both those games attracted around 34k and I felt we really had something to build on. The last two games have been muted though and you could sense the frustration growing against Forest and tonight that manifested itself in boos.

Just under 30k tonight and I would imagine unless results pick up soon we will do well to maintain even that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Anybody there today could see it was coming and the manager never reacted the fans will stick with the players if they try as they have done so far. Hopefully today was a one off. 

I disagree because I think he did react. He took off a striker at half time to boost the midfield and took off another to boost the defence towards the end. Whatever else you can level at RDM tonight he did react. 

I think the players did let us down unless he was literally telling them to stop attacking and slow the game down,  waste time at every opportunity and defend really deep.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I disagree because I think he did react. He took off a striker at half time to boost the midfield and took off another to boost the defence towards the end. Whatever else you can level at RDM tonight he did react. 

I think the players did let us down unless he was literally telling them to stop attacking and slow the game down,  waste time at every opportunity and defend really deep.

Think he was forced to take McCormack off.

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Pretty negative if you ask me. Im never a fan of defending leads. Especially at half time. We just need to approach games like we did against Forest. Forest we were unlucky.. most days we would win playing like that... but it was just negative. 

I have to say and this may be unpopular.. but listening to the radio commentary.. our fans were awful too. Was so quiet.. and created an eery atmosphere. Its no surprise that the players get a bit nervy. 

• Like 3

After the booing I can see our players withdrawing into their shells like that lot did last season. I know it's been hard viewing for the fans for way too long but a reality check is well and truly needed.

This is pretty much a new outfit that hasn't had enough time to gel yet. At the start of the season people were saying we needed big changes and were also saying that it will take time and not going down again was a concern. Well, we won't go down again. We will come good eventually too but it might just not be soon enough to earn us enough points to get promoted. 

We need to stick with the management and the players because there's still a  long way to go until the end of the season and giving up on certain folks now is way too soon. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, villarocker said:

This is pretty much a new outfit that hasn't had enough time to gel yet. At the start of the season people were saying we needed big changes and were also saying that it will take time and not going down again was a concern. 

That was before we spent 60 odd mill. Whilst the players didn’t spend that money the manager has and having done so you would expect us to have picked up more than 7 points from 7 games and have secured more than one win.

There is frustration amongst supporters but it wasn’t just the fact we drew last night. It was the manner of the draw. Another late goal conceded but more than that it was about us sitting back at home for the whole of the second half against Brentford. Everyone could see what was coming, all bar the manager maybe.

Maybe I am biased but I think our supporters have shown the patience of saints given the crap served up over the last half dozen years. I think the numbers have held up really well also. No one expects miracles but by the same token many of us expect way better than what was served up last night.

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

That was before we spent 60 odd mill. Whilst the players didn’t spend that money the manager has and having done so you would expect us to have picked up more than 7 points from 7 games and have secured more than one win.

There is frustration amongst supporters but it wasn’t just the fact we drew last night. It was the manner of the draw. Another late goal conceded but more than that it was about us sitting back at home for the whole of the second half against Brentford. Everyone could see what was coming, all bar the manager maybe.

Maybe I am biased but I think our supporters have shown the patience of saints given the crap served up over the last half dozen years. I think the numbers have held up really well also. No one expects miracles but by the same token many of us expect way better than what was served up last night.

Maybe the manager did see it and that's why the players were so deep? Or, maybe they weren't meant to play that way but just drifted back naturally? 

Look, I totally agree that our points return after 7 games is not satisfying and I also agree that we seem to implode under pressure etc. But, I feel that getting on their backs so soon will simply cause them to hide and start to not want the ball and then we will see pretty much what we saw last season and have a long campaign of struggle. I think we would be better off supporting them through this and try to get them to a point where we are where we should be as a team. It just seems too soon to turn on them, for me personally. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villarocker said:

But, I feel that getting on their backs so soon will simply cause them to hide and start to not want the ball and then we will see pretty much what we saw last season and have a long campaign of struggle. I think we would be better off supporting them through this and try to get them to a point where we are where we should be as a team. It just seems too soon to turn on them, for me personally. 

You will get no argument from me there mate. I have never booed the team or an individual player. However given what has gone before, what we have just spent and the overall quality of this division, which for me is poor, I can fully understand why some fans are becoming frustrated and showing it.

The players have to stand up and be counted not willow and go into their shells. I believe we have signed some good strong characters and they need to come to the fore and lead the side. We can’t put this one onto the fans as it would be a cop out.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Maybe the manager did see it and that's why the players were so deep? Or, maybe they weren't meant to play that way but just drifted back naturally? 

Look, I totally agree that our points return after 7 games is not satisfying and I also agree that we seem to implode under pressure etc. But, I feel that getting on their backs so soon will simply cause them to hide and start to not want the ball and then we will see pretty much what we saw last season and have a long campaign of struggle. I think we would be better off supporting them through this and try to get them to a point where we are where we should be as a team. It just seems too soon to turn on them, for me personally. 

To be honest i am glad we are playing away this weekend. Crowd was quiet and unnerving. You could hear the tension through the radio commentary! You could even hear Golllini yelling to come out for a cross. Ridiculously quiet.. Players got nervous. They shouldnt though. If they cant handle some pressure at this club they should just go and sign for Chester. 

Â