Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

2 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

No i think they will be frozen , they will use the extra games to justify it

That would be a big mistake on the club's part.  Aside from PieFacE's valid comment about a refund being appropriate, aside from the fact that the general standard of football on offer next season will be worse, aside from the over-inflated prices charged in the Premier League, and accounting for an extra few games to be played, there's a massive argument to say that the club really needs to get supporters back on side. The fans have been shafted, basically. Payback is due.

• Like 3

That would be a big mistake on the club's part.  Aside from PieFacE's valid comment about a refund being appropriate, aside from the fact that the general standard of football on offer next season will be worse, aside from the over-inflated prices charged in the Premier League, and accounting for an extra few games to be played, there's a massive argument to say that the club really needs to get supporters back on side. The fans have been shafted, basically. Payback is due.

Completely agree but even at our current prices we are cheaper than many championship sides already , time will tell , i for one am annoyed that i have to wait to get my installments started .

7 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

Agreed but they might just offer to throw in a free DVD of this season's matches to tempt us to go again for a ST.;)  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mantis said:

I'm sorry but I don't buy into this line of thinking. At the end of the day it's all about the points tally and we are not the worst in that respect. Furthermore, our goals scored and goals against tallies are not the worst either. Obviously we're one of the worst, but definitely not the worst.

It's true that those clubs had just come up but equally you could say that those clubs had the benefit of a winning mentality in their promotion seasons whereas we've been consistently doing shit for years. Not trying to defend this disgrace of a season but we're not the worst PL side ever.

Worst Aston Villa side I have ever seen. They really should be ashamed of themselves the cowards

Is it possible Newcastle could be down by the time we play them?  If so, maybe we could get their fans to join in and we could all have one big relegation party!   If you listen to pundits talking about them and their fans phoning in, it could be mistaken for us - our mismanagement has been so similar. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hev said:

Is it possible Newcastle could be down by the time we play them?  If so, maybe we could get their fans to join in and we could all have one big relegation party!   If you listen to pundits talking about them and their fans phoning in, it could be mistaken for us - our mismanagement has been so similar. 

I actually would prefer this than us laughing at them joining us in relegation. We dont exactly have much to laugh about do we? ashley is just as crap as lerner. Imagine two big clubs coming together celebrating relegation and although the players might be crap they wont kill the fan base

Dont think that has actually happened think its  a very good idea :thumb:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Hev said:

Wouldn't this fail on the basis that no one can understand what they are saying anyway?

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Worst Aston Villa side I have ever seen. They really should be ashamed of themselves the cowards

Worst I have seen to, and that includes the last lot that got relegated

If had our worst ever XI I could imagine most of this squad will make up the team, makes me dream of the glory days of Heskey, Sidwell, Warnock and Ridgewell

Edited by Zatman

I have been going to the Villa for 40 years , even when I lived in Ireland I used to come & see us when ever I came home to see my dear now departed dad & I can honestly say this is the worst group of players I have ever seen play for us . The last team to go down was destroyed by Elies & his jealousy. This time we have been sent down by incompetence  by our absentee owner & "players" who could not care less & who are not good enough . I just want this season over & done with. . 

• Like 3

These are the worst ever as underneath it all there is a rotten culture and a squad who could not give a shit

The last lot to get us relegated at last gave a little shit but suffered on quality and newness and a couple of different managers struggling to blend them.  

This lot is by far the most unprofessional bunch of rats ever to don the C&B shirt and for that they are the worst ever

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sne said:

Wouldn't this fail on the basis that no one can understand what they are saying anyway?

They would probably say the same about us!

21 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

there was talk of them being reduced at the AGM

the extra games are actually a factor in why im probably not going to renew, they'll be night matches which are ridiculously hard to get to

my plan is to go to every 3pm kick off at VP next season, we arent going to sell out so it'll be easy enough, my only concern is ive got a cracking ST seat at the back of the lower holte and i want away tickets to games where we'll get allocations of circa 800

The Spaniard was also happy to let Newcastle’s players hold their own heated inquest following the defeat at St Mary’s, in which full-back Daryl Janmaat damaged two fingers after punching a wall in the dressing room.

Janmaat left St. Mary’s Stadium with his arm in a sling after taking out his anger on a wall, following his early exit from the game with a groin injury.

There were also furious exchanges between players at half-time after conceding two goals in a shambolic display.

At least their players are showing anger and passion about what their side are going through, unless our spineless cowards

Â