Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I actually shed a little tear at the match myself yesterday, it's hard not to when you think how far we've fallen.

I'm 37 and have never know it this bad, however my son's 7 so it's pretty much all he's known and that's the really sad part, trying to convince him that everything will be OK while not completely believing it myself.

UTV Lerner out.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Different expectations around then really especially with the money we were spending then compared to now.

Not Really 

Same Oss… Different Jockey!.. 

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Not Really 

Same Oss… Different Jockey!.. 

Sorry misread your post....yeah we didn't win a huge amount more home games under MON than we do now....4-5 compared to 7-8 in the MON years but I certainly would be bemused at people who'd boycott us not making the top 4, at least we were a credible and respected force in the prem then compared to the joke now.

Just now, R.Bear said:

I know this isnt breaking news but just looking at the table, 3 wins in 33 attempts...

Absolutely disgusting.

It's like a bad dream, I can't even remember the wins apart from the opening day.

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

Remember when people said "get Sam Allardyce for guaranteed survival" :blink:

I'm not saying he would have kept us up, but I think we would have had more of a chance if he had been appointed when he was available. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

I actually shed a little tear at the match myself yesterday, it's hard not to when you think how far we've fallen.

I'm 37 and have never know it this bad, however my son's 7 so it's pretty much all he's known and that's the really sad part, trying to convince him that everything will be OK while not completely believing it myself.

UTV Lerner out.

I've become so desensitised to it now that I will barely even care when relegation is confirmed. I hate feeling like that but years of mismanagement and players taking the piss has worn me down to a level where my feelings to the club vary from indifferent to pure hatred.

I'm 36 and can just remember the last time we were in the 2nd division, as it was then, but yes you are right - Its never been as bad in my life. Like you, I can remember the (fairly) good times but they seem a distant memory now.

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's like a bad dream, I can't even remember the wins apart from the opening day.

I count myself lucky, only been to 8 or 9 home games this season which is a record low but saw the Palace and Norwich wins and also draws v Sunderland and West Ham.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I count myself lucky, only been to 8 or 9 home games this season which is a record low but saw the Palace and Norwich wins and also draws v Sunderland and West Ham.

Been to four games, haven't seen us lose! 

Quite proud of myself to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Been to four games, haven't seen us lose! 

Quite proud of myself to be honest. 

so its technically your fault that we are going down then ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I was holding back the tears and a little choked when the Holte End stood up and sang defiance in the face of it all. Villa till I die. Had to stop for a while and compose myself as I would have started sobbing properly but all out of pure pride and knowing it's all about US,  not the cretins playing or the knob head who owns Aston Villa Private Limited Company. It's about US and one day we will once again roar another set of players onto great things. 

I felt the same at that exact moment , my wife unfortunately couldnt hold back , i will hate lerner externally for this

So do we think that season ticket prices will drop much when we go down? 

I kinda feel like they should be slashed in half to be honest, this season has been so bad, if I bought any other "product" that was this shit I would have asked for a refund. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

We are the worst team ever in the history of the premier league. I know Derby and Sunderland might have had lower points totals but both of those clubs were coming up from the championship. We were in the top flight for a long time, albeit a club in huge decline, and have embarrassed ourselves this season. It'll be a long slog next season. 

54 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So do we think that season ticket prices will drop much when we go down? 

I kinda feel like they should be slashed in half to be honest, this season has been so bad, if I bought any other "product" that was this shit I would have asked for a refund. 

No i think they will be frozen , they will use the extra games to justify it

Â