Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd rather Norwich came with us and then one of Sunderland and Newcastle. I think if both Sunderland and Newcastle come with us it makes it tougher next season to come back up.

Aye, it's looking likely as well considering Norwich's goal difference and games played. I think Sam might just pull Sunderland out of the zone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trekka said:

Oh for crying out loud.  It's going to happen at the one place that I (and I'm sure loads of others) didn't want :(

sure to make it just perfect we will go 2 up like we used to with 20 minutes to go and lose 3-2

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd rather Norwich came with us and then one of Sunderland and Newcastle. I think if both Sunderland and Newcastle come with us it makes it tougher next season to come back up.

I'd rather enjoy watching both Sunderland and Newcastle go down - I have absolutely no expectation of us coming back up next season, I think it's going to take three or four seasons for us to rebuild the club - I'm not interested in the short termism of an easier Championship next year, I think a top half finish is as much as we should be hoping for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree with Sunderland, but Newcastle appear as though they will be in an enormous mess next season given the size of the contracts many of the playing staff are on, surely can't be sustained in the Championship? It's also not clear that they have enough players with the desire to get out of that league. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree.

Though i'm not sure we are coming back up next season. Think it will take 2-3 season for this mess to be sorted out.

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Aye, it's looking likely as well considering Norwich's goal difference and games played. I think Sam might just pull Sunderland out of the zone.

I also want Sunderland to stay up as if they don't sam will be looking for a new club and I'd rather that risk was not there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd rather enjoy watching both Sunderland and Newcastle go down - I have absolutely no expectation of us coming back up next season, I think it's going to take three or four seasons for us to rebuild the club - I'm not interested in the short termism of an easier Championship next year, I think a top half finish is as much as we should be hoping for.

What absolute nonsense. I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous. We could well take years to come back up and certainly nothing would surprise me anymore but to say that top half is the best we can hope for is absurd. Speak for yourself because if things are done right in the summer (and that isn't impossible) we could well go for promotion.

Just now, Mantis said:

What absolute nonsense. I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous. We could well take years to come back up and certainly nothing would surprise me anymore but to say that top half is the best we can hope for is absurd. Speak for yourself because if things are done right in the summer (and that isn't impossible) we could well go for promotion.

The expectation should be swift, automatic promotion. But it does hinge on the summer business, if this board believes we don't have to spend north of £20m then we will be in trouble and will not make the play offs IMO. 

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I applaud your optimism I really do and maybe I am too pessimistic but I cannot agree with you at all

1 minute ago, Richard said:

I applaud your optimism I really do and maybe I am too pessimistic but I cannot agree with you at all

What optimism? Saying "nothing would surprise me but if we sort things out we could push for promotion" is not optimism. Just because some people aren't blindly negative doesn't mean they're particularly optimistic.

I expect a struggle next season as well mainly because I cant see us unloading these clowns in the summer and stuck with them next season, I expect a similar position to QPR are at moment

• Like 2

We're not (mathematically) relegated yet and people are already saying that a top half finish is the target we should set for next season?! I know we've been through a lot this season but that's a bit overdramatic for me personally. Lets wait and see who is the next manager for example, guys.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What optimism? Saying "nothing would surprise me but if we sort things out we could push for promotion" is not optimism. Just because some people aren't blindly negative doesn't mean they're particularly optimistic.

The optimism of at least allowing for the possibility of sorting it out for one thing!

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

I also want Sunderland to stay up as if they don't sam will be looking for a new club and I'd rather that risk was not there

The way we are going its only a matter of time before his massive head makes an appearance here!

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

The optimism of at least allowing for the possibility of sorting it out for one thing!

That's not optimism. Have you not considered that perhaps you're looking at this pessimistically rather than me being optimistic?

Edited by Mantis

For me Mantis, it's about something else - we could go out in the summer and pick up the likes of Crouch and Cameron Jerome and half a dozen ageing journeyman professionals and finish fourth in the Championship with a chance in the playoffs. I'd be happier with us starting a process that takes six transfer windows but involves us buying good young players that are committed to Villa but need time and a little work, so that when we do eventually come back up, it's for a a reason, it's with some hope and some purpose. I'm less interested in results next season than I am in starting to see us build a football club - in fact, I'd sacrifice results for in order to be able to see that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

That's not optimism. Have you not considered that perhaps you're looking at this pessimistically rather than me being optimistic?

10 minutes ago, Richard said:

Perhaps you neglected to read my post a few above. Yes that possibility exists I accept that and it is a game of opinions. I do not favour your opinion as in my opinion it is a little too optimistic.  But I accept you do not favour my opinion either. That's ok. People can disagree. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

For me Mantis, it's about something else - we could go out in the summer and pick up the likes of Crouch and Cameron Jerome and half a dozen ageing journeyman professionals and finish fourth in the Championship with a chance in the playoffs. I'd be happier with us starting a process that takes six transfer windows but involves us buying good young players that are committed to Villa but need time and a little work, so that when we do eventually come back up, it's for a a reason, it's with some hope and some purpose. I'm less interested in results next season than I am in starting to see us build a football club - in fact, I'd sacrifice results for in order to be able to see that.

Sounds a bit like what we may have expected from Garde......

Just now, Richard said:

Perhaps you neglected to read my post a few above. Yes that possibility exists I accept that and it is a game of opinions. I do not favour your opinion as in my opinion it is a little too optimistic.  But I accept you do not favour my opinion either. That's ok. People can disagree. 

Compared to your view I think almost any view is going to seem optimistic so that's hardly a surprise.

Â