Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

2 hours ago, sne said:

Well this is fun :)

Newcastle would have to pay Jonjo Shelvey £80,000 a week in the Championship

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/11/newcastle-would-have-to-pay-jonjo-shelvey-80000-a-week-in-the-ch/

Good ol' Newcastle making sure we ain't the only club run by morons

Shelvey £80k per week 

Neymar £77k per week 

:blink:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Shelvey £80k per week 

Neymar £77k per week 

:blink:

That Neymar contract is bogus thou.

He has £77k in wages but have bonuses each week that he's 99.99% guarantied to get (Barca won't miss the CL and so on) meaning he'll end up earning about 10-12m Euro / season

Still, silly wages for Shelvey thou

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Also seems the fat Spanish waiter has wasted no time in blaming the players and singling some out for criticism. The kind of thing that normally happens towards the end of a spiraling downwards relationship between managers and squad before the inevitable sacking, .not a few weeks in. They are actually a bigger basket case than us as they actually spent the money. 

• Like 1

d'oh, someone beat me to the punch (comic strip)

moderately funny that one. The Sherwood line made me lol. DOL too. I didn't really get the Garde one

Edited by maqroll

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Also seems the fat Spanish waiter has wasted no time in blaming the players and singling some out for criticism. The kind of thing that normally happens towards the end of a spiraling downwards relationship between managers and squad before the inevitable sacking, .not a few weeks in. They are actually a bigger basket case than us as they actually spent the money. 

At least they TRIED.

After the weekend when we're finally down we should start playing the kids full time for the last few games.

Once it actually doesn't matter whether we put our "strongest 11" out. Give them a run, a taste of the premiership, and break them in now rather than wait til pre season.

Might actually shake the current starters up a bit and force the crap ones out

• Like 1

On 4/14/2016 at 13:03, PaulC said:

You have to give credit to all our supporters. We have averaged more this season than when we won the title back in 81

True - our attendances are a little bit higher than in our championship year but you have to look at these stats in context. Many more people go to top flight matches now than they did in 80-1 - attendances overall are about 50% higher.

In 1980-1 our attendance figures were 3rd or 4th highest in the 1st Division (depending on which stats web site you look at) and this season our attendances are about 11th highest.

Now having the 11th highest attendances figure in the premier league is a pretty impressive achievement in itself, given the unadulterated shit the fans have been forced to watch week in week out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

rumours we're closing the upper trinity next season

This kind of nonsense will do the rounds. No one knows what the fan base will be like next season. If you get a winning side the fans will come. 32k have been coming to watch complete losers so I think as long as it's a decent appointment and he is backed with players playing for the club can see the fans still coming

• Like 4

The trinity is about a third full for half our premier league games, it's 40 quid to sit there on a matchday and I can't quite see a 50% price drop dropping a division.

Think it makes sense to shut it and open it for the derbies. 

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This kind of nonsense will do the rounds. No one knows what the fan base will be like next season. If you get a winning side the fans will come. 32k have been coming to watch complete losers so I think as long as it's a decent appointment and he is backed with players playing for the club can see the fans still coming

I think the upper Trinity will be closed for more games than not and if the club thought crowds would be anything near the level they have been this season we would not be letting so many staff go. As has been said before, I  think we need to reduce the price of tickets to try to fill the ground. It would also offer some form of compensation to fans who have paid to watch us get beaten so often at Villa Park this season. How about a maximum of £15 for kids and £30 for adults this season (I know it will not happen but it would be a nice gesture)?   

Edited by John
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The trinity is about a third full for half our premier league games, it's 40 quid to sit there on a matchday and I can't quite see a 50% price drop dropping a division.

Think it makes sense to shut it and open it for the derbies. 

I imagine derby games and maybe the odd team like Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds and maybe Sheffield Wednesday will open up some other parts of the stadium

Be nice if Norwich do get a point, then nobody gets to relegate us in an actual game. We are also old news, the media is now pulling newcastle apart, will be doing the same to sunderland soon if results go that way.

• Like 1

Be nice if Norwich do get a point, then nobody gets to relegate us in an actual game. We are also old news, the media is now pulling newcastle apart, will be doing the same to sunderland soon if results go that way.

Agree, I hope we get relegated by Norwich. Then we get a few minutes before the United game, and the players can go out and play for fun. If they then beat United 3-0, I'll spend the rest of the day in a dark room.

Â