Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Compared to your view I think almost any view is going to seem optimistic so that's hardly a surprise.

And that has been said for a while as well about my opinions,. I have been seen as being overly negative for a while. Unfortunately the team and Lerner have done their best to support that view.

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For me Mantis, it's about something else - we could go out in the summer and pick up the likes of Crouch and Cameron Jerome and half a dozen ageing journeyman professionals and finish fourth in the Championship with a chance in the playoffs. I'd be happier with us starting a process that takes six transfer windows but involves us buying good young players that are committed to Villa but need time and a little work, so that when we do eventually come back up, it's for a a reason, it's with some hope and some purpose. I'm less interested in results next season than I am in starting to see us build a football club - in fact, I'd sacrifice results for in order to be able to see that.

Absolutely.

31 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Sounds a bit like what we may have expected from Garde......

Yes - we hired for the long term and then acted in the short term.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Absolutely.

Yes - we hired for the long term and then acted in the short term.

Maybe or just maybe Garde was gone in January , as I believe, and threw the towel in given he was not backed . Not saying he was wrong to do that but I suspect he did not want to stay anyway

Just now, jjaacckk91 said:

As much as we have been relegated for weeks(months?), and I wanted Norwich to win just to confirm the inevitable, this hurts, a lot more than I thought it would.

lack of fight has been most disappointing part plus lack of talent

• Like 1

Doesn't really bother me too much to be honest. I pretty much accepted it in September,

I'm more concerned we will spend a few seasons down there before things start to look better.

I'm actually glad we won't be in the Premier League as this club doesn't deserve to be there nor do the players. The less we see of this current Villa side the better. 

Needs a total rebuild and if that means spending it outside the premier league so be it because as it stands we are a joke of a club who look woefully unprepared for this league in all aspects.

• Like 1

Â