Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

It really was. I know Leicester are doing extraordinarily well this season (although it's worth pointing out that they'd drawn their 2 previous games before they played us) but it was absolutely unforgivable the way the team collapsed after we went 2-0 up and Sherwood's subs were just ridiculous. That game just showcased how mentally pathetic this group of words removed are. I mean, Leicester's winning goal came from a header from one of the shortest **** players in the league.

is it really Sherwood fault that our keeper bottled a header against a midget. it will never look any better 2999.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I see every advantage in waiting, why would any manager want his name attached to this team and this record? If he came in tomorrow and lost the next 5 games what would the point in that be?

absolutely no manager will want to be attached to this mess even if have little to do with final outcome, I expect Black to be in charge for rest of season

• Like 3

BBC website says this: ' The Birmingham side could be relegated on Sunday - for the first time in 29 years - if Sunderland beat league leaders Leicester. '

How? If Sunderland beat Leicester that puts them on 30 points. We can still finish on 31 points.

Just now, Phumfeinz said:

BBC website says this: ' The Birmingham side could be relegated on Sunday - for the first time in 29 years - if Sunderland beat league leaders Leicester. '

How? If Sunderland beat Leicester that puts them on 30 points. We can still finish on 31 points.

Think its because next game is Norwich v Sunderland so cant both lose.

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

They play Norwich after, so this statement holds.

• Like 1

I can't be the only one supporting Sunderland here. I'd rather go out like this than have the Mancs relegate us and the cameras feeding on our fans tears.

Just get it done today, we can mourn in private and then start preparing for next season.

Edited by Sam3773

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

I can't be the only one supporting Sunderland here. I'd rather go out like this than have the Mancs relegate us and the cameras feeding on our fans tears.

Just get it done today, we can mourn in private and then start preparing for next season.

I think everyone should have gotten their tears out of there system already. We are already relegated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

We are down, it's just a matter of "confirming" it I guess. I know where you're coming from though.

If it helps, Norwich play Sunderland in the early kick off next weekend. If Norwich draw or win, we're confirmed as relegated before a ball is kicked at Old Trafford.

• Like 1

No tears from me. Got over it long since. Party now. Players and owner crap. Us Villa fans will never lie down and die. Bring onnext season. Well done Leicester. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If you want to be existential about it both ours and Leicester's fates were sealed in that one crazy moment. When a midget beat a professional goalkeeper in the air. 

Agonising. I never got over it myself.

Existential is a good word for looking at that!

Matt Elliot singled out that game as the defining game for Leicester (and he even admitted we were the better team!). 

It does make me wonder how the seasons of both teams would have panned out if it had stayed at 2-0.

8 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Existential is a good word for looking at that!

Matt Elliot singled out that game as the defining game for Leicester (and he even admitted we were the better team!). 

It does make me wonder how the seasons of both teams would have panned out if it had stayed at 2-0.

It's just infuriating how well Sherwood got the tactics spot on for 60 minutes (from what I've seen we set up that day against leicester as well as any team has as I can't remember Leicester threatening a goal a huge amount before the comeback) and completely ruined it with that clueless double subsitution of Ayew (poor at the time) and Gestede coming on for Grealish and Gil.

We completely unloaded the midfield against them at 2 nil up, I still can't believe he did that and Sherwood was a dead man walking from then on.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Unless I'm mistaken, we've got by far and away the worst goal difference in European football.

Spineless and toothless. A classic combination.

Fixed.

• Like 1

Â