Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

31 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Not ideal Newcastle (or Sunderland for that matter) coming down with us, means less TV matches, smaller slice of the 'big club' pie....they both have better teams than us too...and probably will next season. 

This would be my worry for next season too!  It's going to be tough enough without increased competition.

We will not be coming back up until we have new ownership imo so I couldn't care less who comes down with us.

You could argue Norwich aren't a great team to come down with as they're a yo yo team and bounced straight back up last time.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone know the earliest we can go down then....guessing mid April?

I'd say the man Utd game on the 16th April will be the weekend it's confirmed

9 hours ago, supernova26 said:

Not ideal Newcastle (or Sunderland for that matter) coming down with us, means less TV matches, smaller slice of the 'big club' pie....they both have better teams than us too...and probably will next season. 

Two clubs with better squads than us are getting relegated regardless. 

• Like 1

Would rather Sunderland and Newcastle stayed up, wouldn't like the thought of those two fighting with us for promotion (maybe too ambitious given our current plight!).

The sad thing is Newcastle are terrible, and so are Norwich and Sunderland only really have Defoe as the difference and he won't score every match, but as our squad has now given up we have no chance. Even now with a mini run and a few lucky wins we could beat the drop but it just won't happen with the set up we have. Desperate.

Newcastle and Sunderland are both clubs that could be stupid enough to buy some of our players if they stay up.

Other than that I really don't care who gets relegated.

• Like 3

Minimum of 34 points to stay up, imo, and probably 36 and a decent GD should do it.

It's a 3 horse race with the mags SAFC and Norwich as I see it - and I think (so do statistics) Sunderland will edge it on GD and on the last day.

Getting 18 from the last 9 is CL-form, so I'm guessing in the 35th round vs. Southampton, like SEB, since I can't see any of the other teams in the race getting enough points on board to widen the gap enough for certain relegation any sooner. 

Edited by AndyGray1985

On 05/03/2016 at 18:28, Wainy316 said:

I don't care about that, I just want to prevent Newcastle being able to laugh at us.

I think that's a bit "small picture" myself. We need to get out of that league as quick as possible. I'll take few thousand Geordies laughing at us for 90 minutes over years (more years) of misery.

• Like 1

I honestly, genuinely cannot see this team of shitehawks and waistrels winning another point this season.

They have long gone.

Not only do they have no fight in them, but the **** have no pride and no dignity. 

**** the lot of them. And Garde.

Edited by andyh

Im not bothered who comes down with us because I see us staying down for at least 3 seasons, maybe 5 or more.

Our policy will be as it was before.Get rid of the high earners and replace them with league 1/2 players, cut costs and a laughable amount for transfer money.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, andyh said:

I honestly, genuinely cannot see this team of shitehawks and waistrels winning another point this season.

They have long gone.

Not only do they have no fight in them, but the **** have no pride and no dignity. 

**** the lot of them. And Garde.

Yeah I know what you are saying, it is hard to see where our next point is coming from. I groaned when I saw we still had 9 games left to endure, I just want this season to end now!

Â