Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Hopefully the article below, appearing on the OS as it does, is the club's subtle way of letting us know that the 3 u21s mentioned are going to feature more prominently from here on in.  You'd like to think that might be the point of a senior player bigging them up at this point of the season in a video interview and article.  Come on Remi.  Give them a go.

Cissokho: Green, Lyden and Davis can give us good solutions

Aly Cissokho knows it a stressful scenario for young lions to be involved in senior action - but backed Andre Green, Jordan Lyden and Keinan Davis to offer Villa "good solutions" for the remainder of the 2015/16 season.

Green and Lyden have tasted first team action in claret and blue while Davis [pictured above] has been on the bench.

Rémi Garde is reticent to heap too much responsibility on his starlets.

Cissokho agrees because he knows the pressure of mixing it with older pros as a young lad coming through.

However he thinks all three could contribute in the final eight games of the term.

He told AVTV HD: "It's great to see the lads coming through.

"We have to find some solutions and maybe the young boys can help do the job.

"It's not easy at the moment because we need players with experience to get results.

Green

"But Andre played well when he came on against Tottenham. Also Jordan has played and trained with us. He's a good kid with a good attitude.

"Keinan has been training with us too - and been on the bench a few times.

"I think they can bring us fresh things.

"For them it's a big pressure because they are young boys - and the situation doesn't help.

"But it's very exciting also to play in the first team and be around the first team.

"I remember the first games as a professional are hard and stressful but you have to play through this and then you're more comfortable.

"The experienced lads in the dressing room, like myself, play a key role with them too. We have to help and speak with them and make them play free without stress."

On 3/15/2016 at 22:04, briny_ear said:

By my calculations, if Newcastle get 7 points from their next 3 games (or either Naaarch or Sunderland 6) and we lose all 3, we are down, relegated at the Bournemouth match. It's more likely to be drawn out longer. My money is still on going down when we lose at home to Southampton.

Southampton seems about right. Better run but smaller club gives us the run around in a drab, half empty, Villa Park. I think we all just want it over and done with now.

We should be sure to never forget how this feels, so that as fans of the club, we can have confidence that as a collective, we can influence in some ways, how the club is operated and what decisions get made to ensure that we never get relegated again. We already have that power; if we didn't, Alex McLeish would still be the manager.

The Protest group that's going on is brilliant, and great to see. Gestures of fan unity are really important and I hope in some small way it induces a quicker sale of the club.

UTV

4 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

What are people more interested in between now and the end of the season, results or performances? 

Neither seem likely to improve, but which one would be deemed more important at this stage?

Would give my right arm to see the team at least try to play football for more than 20 mins a game. 

Results are irrelevant now, but I'd love to see at least a bit of fight from players we pay a lot of money to play

• Like 1

This 'team' hasn't put a collective performance together all season, they aren't going to be bothered now all is lost

most of them are probably asking agents for an escape route asap

On 13 March 2016 at 11:46, Kingman said:

I Dont know whats worse? 

Getting relegated at home to Bournemouth or a week later at surrounded by cockney mancs. 

Sadly i think our fate will be rubber stamped over one of those weekends.

If we lose next two games and Norwich win just one of theirs it will be Bournemouth at home.

Edited by Kingman

13 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

What are people more interested in between now and the end of the season, results or performances? 

Neither seem likely to improve, but which one would be deemed more important at this stage?

All we have left to play for is contributing to the relegation of Newcastle.

I'm more interested in Leicester City than Aston Villa at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

All we have left to play for is contributing to the relegation of Newcastle.

There is a very big pull towards wanting that to happen. I think if they do come down with us though it makes it tougher for us to come back up next season. I think for that reason I would rather see Norwich drop.

As for us it looks likely relegation will be confirmed against Bournemouth at home. Just the final indignity really. An ever present of the Premier League with all the riches that has brought into the club having relegation confirmed against Bournemouth, a small club in their first season in the Prem, who will comfortably stay up. It says it all about how poorly this club has been run.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There is a very big pull towards wanting that to happen. I think if they do come down with us though it makes it tougher for us to come back up next season. I think for that reason I would rather see Norwich drop.

As for us it looks likely relegation will be confirmed against Bournemouth at home. Just the final indignity really. An ever present of the Premier League with all the riches that has brought into the club having relegation confirmed against Bournemouth, a small club in their first season in the Prem, who will comfortably stay up. It says it all about how poorly this club has been run.

TBH pal, With regards to next seasonl I'm more concerned about staying in the division and not getting relegated than automatic promotion.

This set of players are nowhere near good enough for the fight required, We need a massive overhaul of the playing squad and thats gonna require a chunk of investment. 

Hollis will have already done the maths on what the manager will get and the rest will have to be generated through selling players. 

Problem we have here is that no one will be interested in buying our dead wood bar 3/4 payers out the 25+ squad. 

Will be a helping bonus if they have a wage % deduction clause in their contracts but not sure how many will or what that % deduction may be? 

Really worrying times ahead and I'm concerned we could end up doing what Leeds did.

Edited by Kingman

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Will not be ideal to have Newcastle with us down but I don't care. Hope they lose in spectacular fashion today.

I dunno - if they go down having spent a shed load they could be quite crippled. We just need our new manager in place well before them. Let's have Sunderland down too.

Â