Tiago Ilori

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Arj Guy said:

Joke signing. On deadline day instead of trying to get a proper striker we got this guy who probably will never play for us. What a job our transfer committee has done

I agree that it's an odd signing given that we've never played him but it's not as if it was him signing which stopped us getting a big money striker.

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I agree that it's an odd signing given that we've never played him but it's not as if it was him signing which stopped us getting a big money striker.

no but it just annoys me that the club felt it was necessary to sign this guy on deadline day when it was blatantly obvious that we needed a new striker 

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This guy has been a complete catastrophe, not only has he never played and clearly never will, but we burned 50% of our pl loans for the season on him. Would you be surprised if it turned out to be fraudulent in some way? I wouldn't. 

As crazy as this seems, it's probably the only real explanation for this signing. I mean, has this guy even made our bench? If so, it can't be that many times. Perhaps someone involved with the club at the time made some bank off this loan 'deal'.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

no but it just annoys me that the club felt it was necessary to sign this guy on deadline day when it was blatantly obvious that we needed a new striker 

As I said, I don't really think it had any effect. Illori cost very little whereas a new striker (which I agree we needed) would've cost upwards of £10m.

i saw a tweet yesterday (think from my old man) basically stating that liverpool have paid £32.5m to relegate villa, then i thought, ye, thats sounds about right, the midlands has always been f*cked over by the scouse pr*cks, and this is yet another way weve been done over again.

maybe im being a little over dramatic, but it is extremely frustrating.

i dont doubt at all that this guy is very good, but how would we know if he isnt being played? for all we know, he could be the brick wall we need in defence, but instead we have to put up with dross like hutton, richards, clark and richardson.

i saw a tweet yesterday (think from my old man) basically stating that liverpool have paid £32.5m to relegate villa, then i thought, ye, thats sounds about right, the midlands has always been f*cked over by the scouse pr*cks, and this is yet another way weve been done over again.

i dont doubt at all that this guy is very good, but how would we know if he isnt being played? for all we know, he could be the brick wall we need in defence, but instead we have to put up with dross like hutton, richards, clark and richardson.

Ahh come on now!

6 hours ago, AndyBM said:

time to head over to the Aston Villa conspiracy thread ;)

Strange signing but I think we just went overkill with cover due to having so many injury problems at CB over the years and the two main ones we brought in (Lescott & Richards) have also had plenty of injuries in the past. Basically got three for each side and the 3rd choices are both risky, relatively cheap punts:

LCB: Lescott/Clark/Crespo

RCB: Richards/Okore/Ilori

Just 'cause defence has been bad, it doesn't mean throwing in an inexperienced player like Ilori would improve it. Richards was poor on his return but prior to that has mostly been decent, or at least, not bad enough to randomly drop him for Ilori

Anyone know genuinely why we haven't seen this guy?

I read that he had been out with a thigh injury until early December, but then the Brum Mail reported he was back in training to impress Garde and hopefully make his way into the team.

Seems to have been swept under the carpet!

2 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Anyone know genuinely why we haven't seen this guy?

I read that he had been out with a thigh injury until early December, but then the Brum Mail reported he was back in training to impress Garde and hopefully make his way into the team.

Seems to have been swept under the carpet!

Something to do with being complete shit I imagine.
He's played about as much football as Gary Gardner.

Was always suspicious of this deal.

Edited by rodders0223

Liverpool paid decent money for him, England wanted him to declare for national team and he has looked good for Portugal Under 21.

Its just strange all around. I imagine he might be a Riley signing at Liverpool as well

Looking to send him back.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12076557/Aston-Villa-to-scrap-Tiago-Iloris-loan-deal-and-send-him-back-to-Liverpool.html

Bizarre transfer. Liverpool fans seem to rate him, I remember watching him be awesome for Granada in a game v Barca once and they kept a clean sheet, he looked excellent in the Euro kids tournament in the summer, now granted those 3 things dont make him amazing or anything but well, we defend like crap most of the time, he cant have done much worse to be frank. Odd one.

Â