Tiago Ilori

Demitri_C

Come now everyone. If calling Traore a development player isn't a clearing in the woodsey thing to do then I don't know what is. That's hardly a character assassination.

How is it a "clearing in the woodsey thing to do"?

Some people are crazy on here right now.

Sherwood said a couple of weeks ago that he was quite a way off match sharpness due to lack of preseason and competative football in general. Which sounds plausible. That Ilori didn't feature for the U21s this week perhaps suggests he will make the squad for Stoke.

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit I had expected him to have made some sort of appearance by now. I had assumed he had picked up an injury if not he must surely be worth a place on the bench because the current team are currently not making a very good case for holding him back. 

How unfit can 21 yo footballers get? He played in the Euros for the U21 he's even played for our U21 yet he's no where! I'm guessing it's a Reilly signing and Sherwoods being a baby about picking him! 

Sherwood's actually said he wanted to sign him at Spurs and been following him since his Sporting Lisbon days as he knows his Dad.

No idea where he is but then the Loch Ness monster had been sighted more than Crespo and he came from nowhere to start v Stoke so desperate people make desperate decisions.

I would be interested to see what Ilori is like either at RB or DM so hope he gets some minutes soon, maybe at Southampton.

not been mentioned in ages

no reason given for Vertout being dropped either.

He isn't very good? 

This. Not sure what Veretout has done to be rated so highly by fans. He's certainly not shown yet that he's better than any of our other CM options.

He isn't very good? 

This. Not sure what Veretout has done to be rated so highly by fans. He's certainly not shown yet that he's better than any of our other CM options.

I think thats the area of the park where our biggest problems are, Sanchez cant do a full game and gives the ball away stupidly, Westwood is hit and miss (more miss lately) , Gueye looked okay before he is injured but is struggling without a better partner, Veretout looks out of his depth, and Gary Gardner is never fit. We need someone in the middle with a big engine like Milner and Delph have. The central midfield offers no creativity or defensive cover IMO and is very weak. I haven't included Gil in the list as he is more a number 10 type player

How unfit can 21 yo footballers get? He played in the Euros for the U21 he's even played for our U21 yet he's no where! I'm guessing it's a Reilly signing and Sherwoods being a baby about picking him! 

Sherwood's actually said he wanted to sign him at Spurs and been following him since his Sporting Lisbon days as he knows his Dad.

No idea where he is but then the Loch Ness monster had been sighted more than Crespo and he came from nowhere to start v Stoke so desperate people make desperate decisions.

I would be interested to see what Ilori is like either at RB or DM so hope he gets some minutes soon, maybe at Southampton.

Reilly signed him for Liverpool I think so Sherwoods probably mad about that!!! 

He isn't very good? 

don't rate him above others at all, but he's done no worse than anyone either and has showed glimpses of promise.

then again i'd rate most players above such super stars as Lescott and Westwood, no-one in the team has demonstrated they deserve a starting place at the moment to be honest, other than Richards and maybe Grealish at a push.

Â