Tiago Ilori

Demitri_C

Starting for Liverpool tonight, I really don't understand the whole situation. Something is off about it, I know they're starting a bunch of U21 players but regardless if he can get into their first team and not ours, something is up.

I don't understand people kicking off at Remi or Villa over Tiago Illori. He's never played for Liverpool until tonight, and he's basically playing what is a reserve team, with Benteke as Captain....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I don't understand people kicking off at Remi or Villa over Tiago Illori. He's never played for Liverpool until tonight, and he's basically playing what is a reserve team, with Benteke as Captain....

The word was that he was injured for the duration of his time with us, hence why he didn't get a chance and eventually was sent back. However, if he has managed to get his first start for Liverpool so quickly, he is clearly fit enough to play.

1 minute ago, samjp26 said:

The word was that he was injured for the duration of his time with us, hence why he didn't get a chance and eventually was sent back. However, if he has managed to get his first start for Liverpool so quickly, he is clearly fit enough to play.

I'm pretty sure he was fit for the last month or so but was apparently nowhere near ready. He's untried and untested, and the coaching team probably didn't see anything to suggest he would be better than what we had, however bad it was.

Liverpool have barely any defenders due to their injuries ATM. He basically just needed to turn up to get in the team. Can't see him keeping a place in the team long term.

Anyway, he's not at villa anymore. Case closed

I'm not sure about others, I have no problem with Garde's decision here if he didn't think he was good enough. Im puzzled by the whole loan, just bizarre.

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Of course he is playing for them? They have nobody else. Not like Liverpool have gone away to Barca and dropped Sakho and Skrtel. Jeez.

Abandoned marking the goalscorer and caught in no man's land for the goal.

Sounds like he would have fitted in well with our defence.

• Like 2

Â